5) Bench Press vs. 12) Curl

colby2152

As per this thread, please vote for your favorite exercise. This is whichever one you find most enjoyable and/or useful.

The Bench Press received 103 votes, about half as much as the Dead Lift, in preliminary voting while the Barbell Curl received 25 votes.

These two exercises are staples of the "noobie" workout. In fact, the curl must be that intense of an exercise, that noobies must do it in a Squat Rack. I think we know which exercise will win here!

Colby,

It's a strange vote IMO. I don't think anyone would forgoe benching for curls, especially barbell curls that kill your wrists. Why not pit similar exercises against one another? I don't get it...

<div>
(soflsun @ Apr. 15 2008,4:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Colby,

It's a strange vote IMO. I don't think anyone would forgoe benching for curls, especially barbell curls that kill your wrists. Why not pit similar exercises against one another? I don't get it...</div>
I thought about that, and I may do that another time, but this tournament has already started from a ranking of exercises overall.

It may be better to look at four groups and match them up such as Legs (Squat/DL), Chest/Arms (Bench/Dips/Pullover/Iso's), Back (Rows/Chins/Pulldowns) and Shoulders (Military/OH/Push/Shrug)

Back