5X/wk cycles

Doc_Holliday

I was wondering if some of you guys that go 5X/wk could give me some info on how you set up your routines. From what I've read, most people do Chest/Back/Quad/Ab MWF, and Delts/Traps/Hams/Arms/Calves TTH.

Do most people stick strickly to 1 exercise per body part throughout the routine? I favorite part of my last cycle was during my 10s when I could hammer out dips/bench and chins/row on the same day.

Also, how many sets do you guys do for each bodypart at each rep range?

Hope this isn't too redundant for people, but I was just hoping to get a couple different view points on setting up a M-F routine. I enjoyed my first cycle, but always like to mix things up cycle to cycle. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I go 8x/week (MWF AM/PM compounds) and (TR isolations).. so it is pretty much fullbody every WO (the iso days are not as much obviously)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do most people stick strickly to 1 exercise per body part throughout the routine?

Pretty much... some people will throw in some isolations or do what you said and do dips and bench. I do dips in the AM, and bench in the PM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, how many sets do you guys do for each bodypart at each rep range?

AS MANY AS I CAN... seriously, yesterday I did 4 sets for Shoulder Press, Shrugs, Squats, and 3 sets for everything else and I am on the 5's. Since I only do 1 exercise per muscle group in a WO, I can do as many sets as I want without worrying about fatigue.. and I don't goto failure on a given set.

Hope this is what you wanted..

-Colby

Thanks for the reply. Few more Qs.

How close to failure are you right now during your working sets? Just wondering about over-training, and the fatigue your smaller muscle groups would face.

How many cals are you taking in? I'm not at the point yet where I'd do a 2/day split, but I'd definetly have to up my cals if I went from 3X/wk to 5X/wk.

Do you perform deadlifts or cleans? Since these hit a couple of different areas I'm wondering the impact ther'd have on fatigue.

Have you added anything special for recovery? Do you follow a post-workout stretching routine?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Doc_Holliday @ Feb. 01 2006,1:13)]I was wondering if some of you guys that go 5X/wk could give me some info on how you set up your routines.  From what I've read, most people do Chest/Back/Quad/Ab MWF, and Delts/Traps/Hams/Arms/Calves TTH.

Also, how many sets do you guys do for each bodypart at each rep range?
Here's my routine, for what it's worth.

I train 5-6X per week, always full body. In any given w/o I perform 1 exercise per muscle group. Here's how I set up the tens and the second week of fives; I may do more sets the first week of fives. I go through one set of each exercise in a circuit fashion, then I go through the circuit a second time. If I am more tired than usual or pressed for time, I will only do the circuit once. (I don't mind doing just 1 set of each exercise since I train so frequently.) If I have lots of energy, I'll do a third set of for legs, chest, and back.

There are two reasons I train this frequently: I like to train, and my primary goal is to lose 3" off my waist.

Back