6x6 HST Hybrid?

When you say things like "muscle confusion" we start burning crosses in your front yard...but I get ya.
At this time some of us are discussing factors in neural conditioning, adaptation, relevance of fatigue and such in PM's and another site just for the sake of learning and understanding, but the footwork has really been done. We have now entered the age of the mythbusters - and anyone coming to HST is usually subject to this learning curve; I was.
As for your age...tsk tsk...you just don't realize yet that HST is THE immediately addictive workout for us old duffers, resulting in joint healing, size and strength. I'm 54. I'll send you a crying towel if ya need it.
laugh.gif

I can see that using the term muscle confusion was a big mistake
smile.gif

No crosses in my yard please. I hereby vow to use terms like neural adaptation and no more muscle confusion.

I think muscle confusion was a Weider term. Oops I used 'that term" again.

Part of what I liked about this methodology was it put so much of what I already knew into one place. AND it was good for staying away from injury as youve pointed out .

Chaung Tzu said "When your young act young , when your old act old" Well Quad were somewhere in the middle, but keeping an eye on staying away from injury is paramount. So lets act a little young but be cognizant of later
smile.gif

RR

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jan. 13 2008,18:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Quad...dude you don't look 54 years old.

Holy sh-it you have found the fountain of youth!
biggrin.gif
</div>
The secret is in shrinking my 1000kb pics down to email size - hides all the WRINKLES and GREY HAIRS!
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The idea is not primarily strength gain but rather stimulating growth and building capillarry beds throughout the muscle, in other words building a pump.</div>

As far as muscle pump goes it is not better for hypertrophy than an erection, does not do much in terms of hypertrophy at all, once the pump is gone so is the added size, simply returns to normal.

You have to change the physiology of the muscle by causing damage via heavier loads!
wink.gif

Well quad, you realy dont look 54 . WTG!
It seems you have a huge muscle mass, but also pretty high bf. Why dont you cut?

Because I've presently decided to try the new version of Superdrol (superdiol) and am running the PH cycle. It's no good for cutting, but for dry gains. I'll cut when I have something to show. Too many skinny lifters around, and my goal isn't to be one.

<div>
(Fausto @ Jan. 14 2008,05:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The idea is not primarily strength gain but rather stimulating growth and building capillarry beds throughout the muscle, in other words building a pump.</div>

As far as muscle pump goes it is not better for hypertrophy than an erection, does not do much in terms of hypertrophy at all, once the pump is gone so is the added size, simply returns to normal.

You have to change the physiology of the muscle by causing damage via heavier loads!
wink.gif
</div>
Thats something Ive wrestled with.

In the final analysis I think long term benifits from pumping is virtually non-existent. And along the way it may accelerate over training.

I love the look though, the vascularity, not to mention the feel of being pumped up.

Bottom line is Im going to experiment with 6x6 Gironda style down the line and start out vanilla HST.

RR

Rooster

I hear yah, and yes it has its benefits, after all good vascularity = good protein synthesis, good blood flow = good health, so there is definitelly benefits, just...it does not make muscle grow and I can see you're aware of it, good!

5 x 5, 6 x 6 or even Gironda's 8 x 8 may suit you, what we normally find is that with HST beginners...and I stress this, because many are not strangers to weight training at all...just HST, and full body workouts, basically because tradition has it that weight training goes with split body training and we (most of us anyway) are happy to disagree...the funniest thing is that HST is adaptable even to split training as well, as you have to do is keep progression and stay away from total muscle failure.

Welcome...and have one hell of a good time while you get acquainted with us and with HST.

<div>
(Fausto @ Jan. 15 2008,01:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Rooster

I hear yah, and yes it has its benefits, after all good vascularity = good protein synthesis, good blood flow = good health, so there is definitelly benefits, just...it does not make muscle grow and I can see you're aware of it, good!

5 x 5, 6 x 6 or even Gironda's 8 x 8 may suit you, what we normally find is that with HST beginners...and I stress this, because many are not strangers to weight training at all...just HST, and full body workouts, basically because tradition has it that weight training goes with split body training and we (most of us anyway) are happy to disagree...the funniest thing is that HST is adaptable even to split training as well, as you have to do is keep progression and stay away from total muscle failure.

Welcome...and have one hell of a good time while you get acquainted with us and with HST.</div>
Thanks Fausto.

I like that your aware of the training styles Ive mentioned and can speak from experience.

I will be posting a routine for weight loss and muscle maintenance ( and pray for growth!).

I will likely ask your opinion on tweaking.

RR

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Jan. 14 2008,06:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It seems you have a huge muscle mass, but also pretty high bf. Why dont you cut?</div>
I don't think his BF looks high at all. I see striations all over the place. I'd kill (not literally) for that look.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 13 2008,22:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The secret is in shrinking my 1000kb pics down to email size - hides all the WRINKLES and GREY HAIRS!
tounge.gif
</div>
I missed this post before.. very funny quad man!
tounge.gif

Back