A hypothetical situation

I

imported_etothepii

Let's say there are three identicle triplets. They know for the sake of argument, their exact caloric inake, expendature, maintenance levels, etc., at all times. Assume all three start with the same weight, body fat %, lbm ratio, etc.

So here's what happens:

Brother #1 eats maintenance for daily life, with no other exercise.

Brother #2 does a variety of exercise (resistance training,cardio, etc.), increasing his expenditure by 500 calories per day, and he increases his intake by 500 calories per day.

Brother #3 increases his expenditure per day by 1500 calories (through exercise) and increases his intake by 1500.

So, even though being this exact is impossible, let's say that is exactly what happens for a couple of years. I'm sure there would be differences in strength, endurance, coordination, flexibility, etc., but how do their physiques differ? There should be no weight loss or increase, right? Would there be body transformation, i.e. better lbm ratios for brothers 2 and 3?

Different body compositions and different weights probably. The specifics would I guess depend on their exercise regimens and would be hard to predict really.

2 should have a much different body than 1 and 3 because the exercises will cause a reformation of bones with the increasing body stress and muscular growth. additonally, genetic programs will be altered and changes will be initiated at the cellular level which will coause changes to body composition and function.
if 1 does nothing he will be flabby.

The increases in energy expenditure will also cause bodily changes in spite of the matched caloric intake.

Back