aas, how many cals above maintenance

jwbond

I know most have had good success with 500 cals under maintenance for cutting and 500 over for bulking.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how many additional cals would be needed if someone were to use aas? I would guess 750 would be good, but would like to hear others thoughts as well.

I guess it might depend on what you are taking, but I would try to get as many excess calories as I could, making sure to keep protein real high as well. 750 over sounds like a good starting point.

I guess it would depend on what you were taking...I just didn't want to get too much into the cycle, as Bryan doesn't want this to be an aas discussion board. However, I do respect the diet/training advice of the board members here so I brought it up.

Anyhow, it would be 50mg of OT ed for 6 weeks. Not a HUGE mass builder, so I thought the 750-1000 range should be good.

Yeah. I would stick to a more conservative surplus then. You could try 1000 but drop it to 750 if fat gain is getting too horrible. Alternatively, you could just keep it real high to try and maximize your gains, then cut the fat later. I'm not very familiar with OT so I won't suggest dosages or anything, but it should give you good strength gains at the very least. That should translate into decent mass gains.

Back