Acromioclavicular Joint Injury

another supp is glucosamine
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I went the glucosamine/chondroitin route a few years back, for my knees and elbows. I didn't get any results from it the first time, but a friend told me I'd have to max it for a while for it to work.
So I did the max formula (1200mg?) for 3 months, and finally got some relief. It really took a while.

Very informative articles...the shoulder is the most complicated joint in the body due to the amazing mobility it has.  I am definitely going to incorporate some of his ideas into my training.  Particularly the "scap-push-up" (strengthens the serratus which protracts the scapula) and focusing more on scapula retraction when I am doing rows, (lower trapezius and rhomboids which are important for upper back posture).  I know my scapula muscles are fairly neglected/imbalanced, and I need them to be strong.
I am focusing alot on rows lately and I feel a big change going on in my upper back, hitting muscles I have neglected.  I know Totentanz and Leigelord are very strong at strict rows, and they never seem to whine about shoulder problems like us guys who have relatively stronger pressing muscles, but relatively weaker pulling muscles.
blush.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Nov. 06 2006,22:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any thoughts on the T-Nation shoulder articles?  
rock.gif
</div>
Shoulder part I was pretty awesome. I get that impingement in pressing movements. Everyone is built differently.

Only part of my shoulder that ever bothers me is the part right underneath the front deltoid muscle, where the pec ties into the shoulder. It pinches on flat bench presses and overhead presses when I take it down below my chin.

<div>
(stevejones @ Nov. 07 2006,05:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Lol @ Nov. 06 2006,22:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any thoughts on the T-Nation shoulder articles?  
rock.gif
</div>
Shoulder part I was pretty awesome.  I get that impingement in pressing movements.  Everyone is built differently.  

Only part of my shoulder that ever bothers me is the part right underneath the front deltoid muscle, where the pec ties into the shoulder.  It pinches on flat bench presses and overhead presses when I take it down below my chin.</div>
i have the same problem in the right side...also if i lie on a bench and put my arms overhead when i let them go down naturaly i can feel some uncomfort then also.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
rock.gif
</div>
Those are some pretty good articles! Thanks for posting the links.

Lol,
please keep us updated on your progress with this problem and the best rehab you find. I posted a while ago about a possible rotator cuff sprain and the more I read this thread the more obvious it is that I have exactly the same problem as you are suffering from. Great advice and links btw and I will be trying out some of this stuff.
J
smile.gif

<div>
(Jazzer @ Nov. 10 2006,19:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lol,
please keep us updated on your progress with this problem and the best rehab you find.</div>
Will do Jazzer. Sorry to hear you have the same problem.

I've had a mental week of work and have not yet had chance to find and visit a good sports physio. Laying off bench has helped a lot. I have continued pushing hard in my dips, shrugs and presses. There is still soreness to the touch of my right acromioclavicular joint but it's not paining me anywhere near as much the rest of the time.

bump

I have been slacking in teh rotator cuff work, I have droped benching and I am now doing only dips and high-incline press...which don't seem to be affected.
I tested my infraspinitus again and noticed it is just as weak and inflexible as ever...I guess I will be doing the lying external DB rotations and stretches...these small muscles should recover fast, I am thinking doing them daily won't hurt. Any thoughts?
Here is the exercise which showed how weak my right infraspinitus is, and why I get pain from benching:

DB Lying External Rotation

My right shoulder clicks a lot. I have also noticed that if i hold both my arms straight out, the right arm rests with the torse and shoulder differently from the right one. I think bench is a cause of this problem even though it isn't barbell bench. (it is the one where you sit down with your back against the board and push outward.)

Any suggestions?

Back