Advanced Driver v. Anabolic Driver

Blood&Iron

I just received a bottle of Driver in the mail after a period of 2-3 months during which it was unavailabe.

I'm aware you had problems with your original manufacturer, and that you had to switch to another company. I'm curious, though, why you renamed the product (i.e. "Anabolic" was changed to "Advanced") and why you changed the formula and serving size slightly. Most importantly, why did you drop the FOS--in favor of Fibersol-2. Was it to reduce how thickly the stuff mixed up? The new formula seems to be much less milk-shake like in its consistency. Also, why did you reduce the serving size to 18g of protein per serving--other than the obvious reason that a container now has 36, rather than 31, servings.

I just got my Driver (thru 1fast400) and mixed it up for the first time (I had not tried it before).

2 scoops & 6 oz water and I had chocolate pudding! I added 3-4 oz more water & it was fine - and tasty. But this is thinner than the last stuff?? Yikes!

Hey guys,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I'm curious...why you renamed the product (i.e. "Anabolic" was changed to "Advanced") and why you changed the formula and serving size slightly.

I had to change the name because the UK, and perhaps other countries, will not allow the word "anabolic" to be used on the label unless it is a drug. So, because I had people from the UK request the products I had to change the name in order to be able to export it into the UK.

You'll also notice that on the Driver label, "HS:pRO2" has been changed to "POST-WORKOUT". This was to help people understand what the product is a little easier/faster.

The formula has changed slightly, but I feel its slightly better. I switched to Fibersol because it is virtually identical to inulin, accept that it doesn't cause gastric upset (i.e. gas) in high doses. It increases growth of good gut flora without the gas. The nutrition facts panel was reworked based on the nutritional info from a couple new protein suppliers I used.

The serving size info has changed based on some experiments I did using the scoop that comes with it. You'll notice on the old bottle is just says, "scoop". On the new bottle is says "Level scoop". This changes the numbers a bit because there is less product per scoop when it is leveled.

The thick consistancy of the Driver is actually caused by the protein itself. If you mix it up and it seems really think, give it a sec and it will become thinner. Obviously adding more water will do it, but it does change after you mix it a let it sit for a sec.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ June 02 2003,5:29)]The thick consistancy of the Driver is actually caused by the protein itself. If you mix it up and it seems really think, give it a sec and it will become thinner. Obviously adding more water will do it, but it does change after you mix it a let it sit for a sec.
Thanks for the answer.

BTW, I meant the new Driver is much thinner than the old one. I actually kinda liked the old, thick formula.

I just noticed that Driver now contains milk isolate in addition to the micellar casein, calcium caseinate, and egg albumin of the original formula. Why this change? Cost? I'm assuming this is probably why the new version's thinner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blood&Iron @ June 02 2003,7:26)]I just noticed that Driver now contains milk isolate in addition to the micellar casein, calcium caseinate, and egg albumin of the original formula. Why this change? Cost? I'm assuming this is probably why the new version's thinner.
I added the milk protein isolate for the texture. I put in a bit more micellar casein and the texture was not what I wanted, so I lowered the calcium caseinate and added some milk protein isolate. The texture still isn't perfect, but it is a little better than it was with just more micellar.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I had to change the name because the UK, and perhaps other countries, will not allow the word "anabolic" to be used on the label unless it is a drug. So, because I had people from the UK request the products I had to change the name in order to be able to export it into the UK.

wow thats amazing.....how rare it is in this greedy world of ours to actually have a voice!!! :)

Back