After 6 weeks

chickenmonkey05

Some people may get mad for asking such a simple question but, what do i do after i complete the 5's following the 2 week blocks routine? It's going to be hard for me to do negative b/c i don't have a traning buddy. So do i just repeat what i did for the 5's or change the weights, how does that work? Thanks for being patient and help out a noob.

Chick....05

Name too long
laugh.gif
LOL

This question is often asked, it should p... anyone off, after all that is what we are here for, to help each other out!
tounge.gif

Here is what you can do:

Carry on the next two weeks with a slower progression, repeat the weights if you have to, even up to three times... that is one week :) gone.

If you can't achieve the minimum reps, put it back on the rack, rest a litlle then do the rest, it will either be two or three most of the time.

You may have to reduce the sets to 1 working set if you need to especially for the heavy ones, some...for example the isolations done with d/b's one at a time can easily be done in the negative fashion by helping out with the free hand!

you will still get the benefits of a second week of five's, albeit with a slower progression, in which case when planning your program, do not go much beyond the 3RM or so for the 2nd week of 5's, some of us aim at 1RM for 5's because then we can use the partner!

Hope this helps
thumbs-up.gif

I took on the advice a couple months ago, and when I did my post 5's, I just continued on with my 5RM. Some of the exercises, I actually added weight. To combat the lack of strength to do so, I clustered some of the sets. I also did a few drop sets, and added a set or two of "light" 15's for an extra burn.

-Colby

i do 3sets of 5s 1st wk
2sets 2nd wk
then for the next 2wks i use my 5 rep max or higher if possible and do a metabolic set with it..eg
db bench 1 set of 5 with two 35k db drop them and pick up two 25k db and rep out ..good luck :D

Back