Alcohol

texas78

How does alcohol influence on muscle growth? Extra bad to drink on the same day as a training?

I'm not talking about a party hardcore, but a happy friday night with some wine, a couple og beers and a drink or two ..Slightly buzzed..
crazy.gif

I know i should have looked for prev posts and probably in faq on this topic but...
dozingoff.gif

best regards
truls

Texas, old friend!

It is really a matter of what your goals are! If you are a serious body builder into competition and that type of jazz, then it is a definite no, no!
tounge.gif

However for a non-body builder, i.o.w. a guy who just lifts weights because he wants to look good, and gets to lift some serious stuff, but on occasion has a happy hour with friends and maybe even sometimes the going was good and he overdid it just a tad, nope, no serious consequence unless it is done rather frequently.

But that it has effects that is a definite, it is really whether they are debilitating or not and for how long.

You may find interesting stuff if you do a search.

Here's some help:

alcohol search

Thanks for quick reply. I knew i could rely on you Fausto
thumbs-up.gif

The link really cleared thing up :)

Thanks again!

best regards
truls

[b said:
Quote[/b] (texas78 @ Nov. 01 2005,5:54)]How does alcohol influence on muscle growth? Extra bad to drink on the same day as a training?
Drinking on training days?!! You must be young!!! I read once where Arnold said he use to drink beer while he trained, but that was Arnold who is genetically gifted and used AAS!!! Us mere mortals can't afford to do anything that could compromise our gains? IMHO you're working against the very thing you are training for in the first place by using alcohol . I'm not anti-alcohol by any means- I use to party hard too. But there comes a point where you have to decide- do I want to party or am I serious about putting on muscle?

I'm sure when he said drinking on training days - he meant later that night. He'll still have good gains - depending on his age, but the extra fat that comes along isn't fun.

Back