Animal Pak

jacobin

Hi there-
Im having some doubts with the way of consuming this product since the intructions are poor.
It says: take one packet 30 minutes after the meal prior to your workout. I take my breakfast and as it says i take my pack then wait for 2 hours and start my workout. Is this right?
Another one, im taking my whey protein shake. Is it to many proteins and stuff? Should i start taking these pills intead of the protein or both at the same time?
Thanks for your posts
worship.gif

I tried Animal Pak with their Animal M Stack, never got a thing from it. Basically the Pak is nothing more than a amino acid mix with vitamins and some other BS they say is good but have noting behind it.

I took one per day one hour before workout, then took the M Stack 30 mins before. THe M Stack had Ephedra and caffeine so it did get you up for the workout but that is it, I tried it for two months before giving up on the junk.

Next time get you a good multi Vitaman and get some good whey protein, cassein protein and creatine (I recommend Iron Tek Whey, HSN Driver and Creatine). Use Bryans article on Pre and Post Nutrition and Diet for size and you are good to go, maybe get some good EFA source also, Fish Oil Tabs.

Forget the hype and save money for the important stuff.

Like women and school (if you are still in it). Both of these drain you of your cash quick enough.
laugh.gif

dkm and manciple, thanks for your posts.
Im currently taking a mass gainer (whey protein) and upsets my stomach. What product do you recommend to take instead?.

try taking smaller doses of it. For example, N Large calls for 4 scoops (!!) for one serving. Hell no. I have half a serving before I lift, and half after. That's a lot easier to handle.

So you say that it is the ampount of scoops you take in a serving that is causing the upset and not the tolerance to the protein itself?

From the Nlarge Website
Per 100 grams of protein:*basically two scoops
L-Alanine: 2.50gm
L-Arginine: 1.30gm
L-Aspartic Acid: 5.37gm
L-Cystine: 1.03gm
L-Glutamic Acid: 8.61gm
L-Glycine: 1.00gm
L-Histidine: 1.00gm
L-Isoleucine (BCAA): 3.44gm
L-Leucine: 5.20gm
L-Lysine: 4.60gm
L-Methionine: 1.00gm
L-Phenylalanine: 1.50gm
L-Proline: 3.58gm
L-Serine: 2.81gm
L-Threonine: 3.89gm
L-Tryptophan: 1.05gm
L-Tyrosine: 1.27gm
L-Valine: 3.15gm

Suggested use:
Use as a dietary supplement to acheive desired muscular weight gain. Use one serving between meals and at bedtime. This formula is highly concentrated, and due to its potency you may want to consider using half serving two or three times per day.

Compared to Aniamal pak
• Arginine
• Leucine
• Valine
• Isoleucine
• Glutamine
• Methionine
• Lysine
• Histidine
• Threonine
• Phenylalanine
• Tyrosine
• Cysteine
Unfortunately they don't give the amounts on the web site.

So as you can see the whey mix is more beneficial in BCAA than Animal Pak, and has a good amount of Essential Amino's.

There really is no need for the animal pak.

BTW, Manciple and DKM are both me, I post under two names, one at my office and DKM at home.

But you can call me Dan :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jacobin @ June 30 2004,8:12)]Im currently taking a mass gainer (whey protein) and upsets my stomach. What product do you recommend to take instead?.
Well, Primer and Driver would be my first choice for carb free proteins. PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS would be my choice for MRPs.

I use both every day and never experience stomach upset.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ July 01 2004,11:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jacobin @ June 30 2004,8:12)]Im currently taking a mass gainer (whey protein) and upsets my stomach. What product do you recommend to take instead?.
Well, Primer and Driver would be my first choice for carb free proteins. PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS would be my choice for MRPs.
I use both every day and never experience stomach upset.
Any chance there'll be a price reduction in Prime+ & Drive+? I only ask because I can get 10 lbs. of N-Large^2 for $40, as opposed to 4 lbs. of Prime+/Drive+ for $60.

P.S. I buy HSN Creatine because it's the best bang for your buck.

Back