Another routine to be critiqued

spikers1100

Okay, Friday the 23 will be the last day of my 10's cycle. Showing some results which makes me happy, but I also would like some input on my routine. The very first week of 15's was okay, but I felt like I wasn't getting enough, so I increased the load to 2 sets. The second week was much better. I stuck with 2 sets thru the 10's also. I feel good, no soreness..ever, but I am seeing results so thats good. So, without further ado, here is my routine...critique at will please!!

1. Smith Machine Squats
2. Strive Machine Bench
3. Strive Seated Rows
4. Dumbell Shrugs
5. Strive Machine Shoulder Press
6. Alt. Incline Dumbell Curls
7. Tricep Cable Press
8. Drag Curls
9. Strive Machine Seated Press (tricep)
10. Standing Calf Raise
11. Wide Grip Pullups w/assist

and thats it. For those not familiar with the Strive machines, they are very similar in motion and range to Hammer Strength. I prefrer to use them as they don't seem to hurt my previously injured joints like the free weights do. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the input!

PS. Happy Holidays and a prosperous and safe New Year to everyone!

spikers

The best routines are as simple as can get, so I'd say for now do away with curls and tricep stuff.

Try to put in some dips and work towards getting rid of the assist on pull ups, also switch it to close grip underhand grip as you'll be able to get bicep growth from it specially when you start adding weight in addition to bodyweight.

Either than that I don't see much problems and machines can be great as you wil not really need a partner and the safety is always there, but some compounds are just not replaceable!

Hope this helps!

Back