Any opinions of John Berardi???

From the FAQ on EFA's

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Keep in mind that omega-3s will be preferentially oxidized (burned for fuel), so a lot of what you supplement on a low carb diet will be burned as energy before it can be stored in fat cells where it does its magic. Whenever possible, take your fish oils after a meal or after carbs. The carb load to the liver will decrease the oxidation of the fatty acids and allow more to pass through into the blood for storage. This is good when it comes to omega-3s and CLA. </div>

This would suggest that any form of fat taken after a substantial amount of carbs has a greater chance of storage?

<div>
(JonnyH @ Sep. 07 2006,04:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">From the FAQ on EFA's

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Keep in mind that omega-3s will be preferentially oxidized (burned for fuel), so a lot of what you supplement on a low carb diet will be burned as energy before it can be stored in fat cells where it does its magic. Whenever possible, take your fish oils after a meal or after carbs. The carb load to the liver will decrease the oxidation of the fatty acids and allow more to pass through into the blood for storage. This is good when it comes to omega-3s and CLA. </div>

This would suggest that any form of fat taken after a substantial amount of carbs has a greater chance of storage?</div>
The studies I read said saturated fats, e.g., any fat from an animal are stored as fat more readily than unsaturated fats. Your EFA's are unsaturated.

<div>
(kennith24 @ Sep. 07 2006,00:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">since we are on the berardi topic... picked up this book called scrawny to brawny about a year ago, training program is geared more of an athletic program not bbing. aside from that, the coauthor was berardi and he threw in the P+C, P+F meals vegetables, fruit, balancing ph. i didn't know how to eat right until i picked up this book along with precision nutrition which i shouldn't have paid what i did for it. anyway being an ecto, its hard to put on mass, find out what works best for your bodytype and go form there.</div>
You do realize that bodytyping is a load of bunk, right?

So since you are an &quot;ecto&quot; then going by the definition, you are introverted and have poor athletic ability, right? That's part of the definition of ectomorph if you didn't know that. Look it up sometime, the guy who made up bodytyping was a wacko. It's pseudoscience that has for some reason lasted until present day still.

After reading this thread I just had do dash out to the kitchen and have a nice big glass of whole milk. I feel much better now.
tounge.gif

<div>
(JonnyH @ Sep. 07 2006,07:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">From the FAQ on EFA's

This would suggest that any form of fat taken after a substantial amount of carbs has a greater chance of storage?</div>
Any nutritn after a large amount of carbs or again any nutrient has a greater chance of fat storage.

any food greater than energy requirements will result in fat storage. Fat does NOT need carbs to store themselves, which is why you can get fat on a no carb diet.

To add 0.02, I think that Berardi simply putzes over too much over not so important things like P/F, P/C, bodytyping and other things. Even if he were right on(which I doubt), the leverage gained by applying those notions to ones diet would be quite inconsequential IMO and AFAIK from the studies I`ve seen over time.

For diet advice, I`d rather stick with someone like Di Pasquale or even Lyle McDonald, not only for the fact that I`m very fond of low-carbing(it`s worked great for me and I don`t have a sweet tooth at all), but also due to the fact that all of their stuff is as researched as possible and that they don`t have you picking your nose with your foot`s pinky finger while ingesting a strategically partitioned meal at a precisely chosen time for some mystical semi grounded reason AND they admit that we`re still using rather crude sledgehammerish approaches to dieting, trying to tweak an imperfect system with limited tools.

Morgoth, I'd like to say that your name is the most ridicilous one I have ever seen, are you from Mordor?
laugh.gif

and yes I know, yet he without a silly name cast the first insult........
biggrin.gif

Melkor, is dat you?
rock.gif

I get it - as the diminshed Morgoth, you plan to regain your former LBM through HST (&amp; gain back some strength to boot)
wink.gif

He uses the scientific literature in a very fast and easy way to sell his views. I read Met Advantage and the usefull info could have been written on 2 pages of paper. I bought the PN and returned three hours later. It is free info that anyone can get on the net.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 23 2007,18:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">JP, you stay here and we'll take care of you. Now go eat something!  
cool.gif
</div>
Ok, cool. But do I have to call you daddy?

Back