Best Tricep Builders

EctoSquat

My tris seem to be lagging in size in comparison to my biceps. What tricep exercises do you guys use? Just the usual :

CGBP
French Press
DB Ext.
Pressdowns
Reverse Grip Pressdowns

Any that I'm missing?

Dips! My triceps took on a whole new dimension when I started doing 'em. You might consider dropping the cable work and focusing on french presses (lying triceps extensions), narrow-grip benches, and dips.

I always dreaded doing triceps.  My elbows would pop and my wrists were always in pain.  That and I could never get proper isolation of just the triceps.  After I tried bent over double tricep pushbacks, I`ve never needed any other excersize.  I wish I could do dips but there is no dip bar at my gym :mad: .  Use a mirror to make sure you maintain good form.  It feels a bit awkward at first but I`ve had excellent results thus far and it`s absolutely nothing on the joints.

I suppose that's just the name that I coined. It may also be called tri kickback, bent over tri extension. . .etc but I'm not so sure. Basically, you take two dumbells, bend about 90 degrees at the waist, keep your triceps even with your torso angle and push both dumbells back until the your arms are straight. Most people usually do these one arm at a time knealing on a bench. Doing both at the same time is not only faster but has proven more effective for me. Technically, I suppose there shouldn't be any difference between the two but I prefer doing both at the same time. I haven't ever done a tricep excersize that yielded better results AND was easy on the joints. Moving both dumbells simultaneously is a bit awkward at first but you adapt quickly. With the exception of lat pull down, this excersize has produced the largest gains for me but that could also be because my tri's were so underdeveloped.

Kickbacks are meant to be a good isolation exercise, dunno about total mass, more shape. +theyre solid to go heavy on.

Does anyone do CGBP??
Iv heard thats the best, but if I try and go heavy I just feel my inner chest???

How do you move your arms when you are bringing the bar down during close grip bench press? If you let your elbows go out to the side to much, it doesn't hit the triceps as much, in my experience.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ian @ Mar. 24 2005,11:24)]Kickbacks are meant to be a good isolation exercise, dunno about total mass, more shape. +theyre solid to go heavy on.
Does anyone do CGBP??
Iv heard thats the best, but if I try and go heavy I just feel my inner chest???
No such thing as your "inner chest".

Anyways, forgot about dips, I do those as well (parallel bar). Anybody do the other variation of dips on a chair or bench?

Tontenez, il try and keep my arms in more, but with ly lats thatl be tricky ;)

+ EctoSquat, im not argueing and I know that the 'inner chest' is not a specific muscle, but its still nakered when i do heavy CGBP.

decline presses w/a narrow grip rock my triceps (and lower pecs to a lesser degree).
dips would prolly be a close 2nd for me(1st if I had a weight belt to increase the load).

I'm a multi-joint movement kinda guy tho.

Back