Beverly International "HOLY GRAIL" Diet

Lance

Beverly International is a high quality bodybuilding supplement producer with a great reputation. They are expensive, but only because with their products, you get what you pay for. They also train people for free. They personalize a diet and training plan with you, and have many very successful athletes who follow their ways.

Through their research with many, many clients, they've found the 'holy grail' of bodybuilding diets. A 'golden' ratio that can actually allow you to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. A bodybuilder's dream. 50%/20%/30% ratio of Protein/Carbs/Fats is the plan.

Do you believe this works? Those who follow Beverly swears by their products, and also by their diets (which is what i'm more interested in).

Thanks,
Lance

It has. It's so hard though.

There's two ways people quantify what they believe in:

Science
Experience

It seems like alot of times science will say one thing, experience another. As in the topic of how much protein.

Me personally, science says 1g/lb, etc. Experience, 2g/lb definately changes my physique from 1g/lb, with the same calorie level. So this is where things get nuts, b/c like most bodybuilders, we obsessively compulsively want to optomize everything. And everything is so complicated. This person says this, another that, science this, experience that, etc.

Then you do what works for you. If you actually see a difference. The problem comes in when someone does this then disputes the scientific findings because they had differing results. It doesn't mean science is wrong it only means there are variables and unless you duplicate the exact methods of the studies your outcome is more than likely going to be different anyhow. So be free oh Young Lance, I mean hell your how old? and already have a physique some would drool over. Take what you can from the science and then use some of your own common sense.

Thanks DKM.

This sport ... or should i say lifestyle ... is very hard on the head. I mean, look at us! Allways citing studies and research. I don't know about you guys, but there are times where i get over my head and get stressed out. Mostly with dieting, not really with training anymore. HST has solved atleast half the battle.

I guess i should just listen to what Bryan said. It's in the FAQ's. Has to do with everyone worrying about optomizing their HST programs, and this, and that. He said sometimes you just have to get in the gym and train. Ya know?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ Oct. 13 2004,8:34)]Do you believe this works? Those who follow Beverly swears by their products, and also by their diets (which is what i'm more interested in).
Thanks,
Lance
I guess it depends on what you mean by "this works"?

Lets start with protein. Does eating 50% of your calories from protein "work"? It depends. For example, I weigh about 220 pounds. My calorie needs are about 2,800 per day. In order to get 1,400 calories from protein I have to eat 350 grams of protein per day. Is this necessary? No. Will it do more than eating 1 gram per pound bodyweight? No, not as a natural lifter.

Now for carbs. Does eating a ratio of 5:2 protein:carbs "work"? Well, if you are trying to lose weight, yes. But I don't know if there is anything golden about that ratio. :)

How about fat? Does 30% work? Well, if your working out, and not eating many carbs it works fine. Will eating more fat help? Probably not. Will eating less fat help? Maybe, if you're exercise and your goal is to lose fat and you're already lean.

I guess my point in all this is that things in biology and physiology aren't cut and dry. You try to create an internal environment that leads to the outward changes you want. Eat less and exercise more to lose fat. Train with weights and ensure that you have "adequate" calories and protein to build muscle.

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine other people going to the Beverly site and offering up the same critique of HST etc. as I just offered up for their golden diet. And I'm fine with that. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Oct. 18 2004,5:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ Oct. 13 2004,8:34)]Do you believe this works? Those who follow Beverly swears by their products, and also by their diets (which is what i'm more interested in).
Thanks,
Lance

Eat less and exercise more to lose fat. Train with weights and ensure that you have "adequate" calories and protein to build muscle.

:)
thumbs-up.gif

Back