Biceps has always lagged

aGGe

im planning to skip all biceps excercise at 15s
and do 1 set at 10s
and maybe 2-3 sets at 5s.

does this sound ok? or is it stupid

this is by jvroig it should help

In my opinion only, do the isolation movements during the start of your cycle because this is when your compound movements are lighter - perhaps certain participating muscle groups like biceps and triceps could use more recruitment, so why not add them now? By the time you go to the 5's, hey, the biceps and triceps will be exposed to greater load in the compounds, so we might not need them there.
But don't start them off using light loads. Although you start them early in the cycle, use a heavy load. I can't say how much, this isn't a strict rule. I'd say do something like your 10RM, or maybe heavier.
As for the stretch, a good idea (and again just my opinion), since you start heavy on the isolation while your compounds are still light (to increase recruitment) would be to choose an isolation with regular stretch only (again, since the compounds aren't heavy yet but we start the iso heavy), then when you max out the iso exercise, you'll probably be jsut starting out with your heavy compounds. When that happens, instead of stopping your isolation exercise, you can still do a little of it, this time using a different exercise that has significantly more stretch. For example, you start heavy on regular curls. When you max out on this, it's already getting really heavy on your compounds anyway, so you drop this particular exercise and instead do an incline dumbbell curl - although you'll be dealing with less weight (since you already maxed out on your curl), you'll be getting more stretch, which is exactly what you need now since the compounds will probably overload your arms already anyway now that these compounds are heavy already

Yeah, I second what he said :D
laugh.gif

i have the same problem agge..so i am giving what jv said a go ..on my 15s and 10s.i am going to do bb curls and tri pushdowns..about 10rep max..then when i get to the 5s change to ..seated db curls and skullcrushers for the extra stretch...
i thought i would save your trigger finger jv dont want cortisol to set in :D

Looks good. Unfortunatly it just takes time. I have the same problem except with Chest. 6 years ago the biggest growing muscle on my body was my chest. Then I tore my bicep muscle doing heavy bench press and 2 years later of overtraining it was still lagging...which was do I am sure to overtraining.

The good news is since I have been on HST it looks the best yet. I feel my chest is finally catching up somewhat...but it still lags. So what I recommend and do is just continue to train hard, and eventually they will catch up unless it is just genetics. The only thing you can try and JV can tell you more about this is after all that heavy compound lifting maybe choose a exercise for the biceps with a stretch like (incline curls) and that should give them some good variety!

Hope this helps..b/c I am relying on the same advice for my lagging pec...lol.
tounge.gif

my bi's have always lagged so i do 3 sets bis 3 sets tris all the way through my cycle.bis are coming on now and my tris have really responded. i like to do 1 week of db exercises then my 2nd week bb/zed bar.

Back