body fat

andrewjbrown

can anyone advise me on how to measure body fat myself,which area(areas) do i measure ? also im struggling to to strip a bit of fat from my lower stomach my top 4 abs are showing but i just cant strip the bit of fat preventing my lower abs from showing,any ideas appreciated!

Well you're probably looking at trying to get down into the single digit bodyfat percentages. I would try something like UD2.0 maybe. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Otherwise, it's usually really hard for most people to get their fat that low without losing loads of lean body mass at the same time. Unless of course you are genetically gifted or on steroids.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andrewjbrown @ May 17 2005,6:20)]can anyone advise me on how to measure body fat myself,which area(areas) do i measure ?
You can use calipers, but they must be good ones or your readings will be skewed. It's also imperative to read from the same spot each time or you'll get differing results.

Read about this method here

You can also use a Myotape and measure circumference points
Here

My Body Comp is currently down so the above is the only other I had saved in my favs, it's not nearly as good as My Body Comp.

All these methods still won't tell you exactly what your percentage is, but they will give you a guide to see if you are losing or gaining.

Back