Books on Nutrition and Training

stingblood

Hi everyone,

Could everyone here list some books that he/she read and that are very valuable and that have a big impact on their training results.

I have read so far The Anabolic Diet from Dr. Dipasquale and Natural Hormonal Enhancement from Rob Faigin,
but I am looking for some other books that offer real knoledge based on science not some BS. I have been training for 4 years now (of which 2 years lost in nowhere and the 2 others following a sound diet and training like The AD diet and HST / Max-Stim.

So I do have some basic or even intermediate knowledge on nutrition and training but am looking for some more advanced application oritented knowledge in training and nutrition.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks!

Coach Hale's "Knowledge and Nonsense" is a little pricey, but will fill your bedtime reading for months. I think I paid $45, but it was worth every penny.
If you have back pain, Dr. John Sarno's "Healing back Pain" is a mind-blower. It got me out of pain.
Believe it or not, the Bible, particularly the book of Proverbs will take care of the ego, life balance and a host of other things that pertain to our lifestyle.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 11 2008,8:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Coach Hale's &quot;Knowledge and Nonsense&quot; is a little pricey, but will fill your bedtime reading for months. I think I paid $45, but it was worth every penny.
If you have back pain, Dr. John Sarno's &quot;Healing back Pain&quot; is a mind-blower. It got me out of pain.
Believe it or not, the Bible, particularly the book of Proverbs will take care of the ego, life balance and a host of other things that pertain to our lifestyle.</div>
Hale gives his thoughts on the popular diets and training methods in his book but does he recommend or suggest which one will yield better results etc....I planned to buy it but hesitated because of some banalities treated...so I don't know if it will be worth for me as I have 4 years experience in training and diet..

Exercise Endocrinology by Katarina Borer

For a review read this at ExRx.net. You may also take a glimpse in it via Google books here.
It is soo fact riddled that, when I sat down with it to underline important passages for easy references, left nearly no clean spaces! The good stuff comes after the technical review of hormone molecular structure stuff.

Lyle's books The ketogenic diet is a masterpiece and UD2.0 is a classic on cyclical ketogenic diets. The rapid fat loss handbook is focusing on PSFM. The Bromocriptin booklet is valuable for info on Leptin but not all-important.

Back