Brian and others - can Nitrovarin work?

ucmd

I'm not sure if you've all heard of the product called Nitrovarin. Supposedly its a specially designed time-release, slow-digesting protein that you drink right before bed. It could be possible, but I don't see how it can be any more effective than regular cassein. Is anybody familiar with the science of this product and is it useful???

Its whey, milk & wheat protein. They say "specially prepared" and "patent pending" just to make you think it is new. They are also using the terms to get more money from you. It is about $45-$50 for 15 servings. By comparison Driver is a much slower protein (casein+egg) and only costs ~$14 for 15 servings.

Have a glass of whey protein with milk with a whole wheat cracker and you've got nitrovarin.

Let me ad something. I completely understand why that company is doing this. It is VERY difficult to make a profit selling protein. Believe me, I understand. Still, they do the industry a disservice by using deceptive ad copy. When people figure out that they are buying whey, milk and wheat protein they will feel ripped off for paying $50 for 2 weeks worth of cheap protein. Then they will lose faith in other companies who are trying to do the right thing, simply because they are also supplement companies.

Ripping people off by selling crap or drastically overcharging for decent supplements may make them some quick money, but it the end it hurts everybody as the supplement industry gets a bad rap because of their greed.
butbut.gif

Back