calorie intake on non weight training days?

dan_how

i have my diet sorted and am consuming 2800-3000kcal/day. what are everyones experiences/knowledge on calrie intake on non wieght training days.

my week is as follows;
monday - weights
tuesday - HIIT bike ergometer
wednesday - weights
thursday - HIIT treadmill
friday - weights
Sat - CV steady state (60mins)

apart from sat, all sessions i try to get in and out in 45 mins tops.

so guess my question is shouild i reduce my calrie intake on non weight training days, im looking to stay as lean as possible whilst i gain weight slowly??

thanks in advance for your responses!

I like to keep it the same everyday, as it is easier and your body needs the cals up to 48 hours after each weight session.

Don't consider your HIIT days "non-training days", non-training days means no exercises, not no weights.

You'll need to eat like a horse to gain weight on that regime, so I wouldn't even worry about calorie intake as much as getting to the store to eat that big tub of ice-cream...I sure tot will have a comment or two for you as well.

I had to cut out cardio because I was losing weight during my first HST cycle, but I could have just started eating more (though I was eating a lot already).

Don't eat less on non-training days. You are growing on non-training days, so why cut calories those days? You will be selling yourself short on gains.

Yeah, that's quite a big calorie defict you're creating with all that cardio.

Chances are (at least if you have half decent genetics) that with that workout plan, you'll retain muscle pretty well, and slowly burn off fat.. if you can keep yourself from overtraining. I know I would burn myself out very quickly if I did that much HIIT in addition to my normal HST workouts, but I suppose every individual is different.
However, if you're only taking in 2800-3000 calories and doing all that cardio in addition to lifting weights, you'll probably find it hard to gain mass (simply because you'll be burning more calories than you're getting in).

I would definitely eat and eat plenty on my off days if I were you. And, as another poster already said, they really can't be considered proper off days... 45 minutes of HIIT is pretty taxing on the system.

Back