Calorie intake on SD

_Simon_

hey guys

i was wondering how many calories i should be taking in during my upcoming SD, should i keep eating the same (hypercaloric) or go down to maintenance level?

thanks!

Simon

I went to maintenance, however I've been (and will be for a long time) in cutting mode. I think this question has been asked before. The most important thing is to be at or above maintenance so that you don't lose any gains you've made.

If you decide you want to go down to maintenance, it may be wise to get there gradually (taper it down).

Do a search on this, as I'm sure there are good posts on this already.

You can overeat for the first couple days because you can still grow a little, but after that you will want to drop down to maintenance. Do not cut calories during this time. You could taper down, but if you are only eating 500 over maintenance then I don't see much point. 500 calories isn't much.

Oh come on Totentanz, he can drop by 55.55 calories per day. After his 9 day SD he'd be back at maintenance.
biggrin.gif

Just in case that wasn't obvious, I'm only joking.

I said taper because some folks idea of a bulk is a lot more than 500 calories. Not mine personally, but you never know.
wink.gif

<div>
(javacody @ Jul. 17 2007,17:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I said taper because some folks idea of a bulk is a lot more than 500 calories. Not mine personally, but you never know.
wink.gif
</div>
Yes, and I agree. However, I think it applies better to a cut. You'd want to taper upward from your deficit back to what maintenance should be if you were cutting...

And if you are bulking with more than a 500 calorie surplus, hopefully your p-ratio is good or you are on gear, else you are going to have to cut eventually or be satisfied with eventually becoming obese.

Back