Carb cycling for fat loss?

kuhler

I've been reading a lot of various articles and found that carb cycling seems to be a great method for loosing fat without loosing much if any muscle... ex 3-4 days of low carbs (100g) or less 2 days medium carb days (200g-300g) 1 high carb day (500g+) These numbers are specifically for me i'm 6'2" 220lb. A smaller person would decrease these numbers and a larger person increase depending on weight. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've been reading a lot of various articles and found that carb cycling seems to be a great method for loosing fat without loosing much if any muscle... ex 3-4 days of low carbs (100g) or less 2 days medium carb days (200g-300g) 1 high carb day (500g+) These numbers are specifically for me i'm 6'2" 220lb. A smaller person would decrease these numbers and a larger person increase depending on weight. Does anyone have any experience with this?

That is similar to what I'm doing now. I've had great results. I'm toning up nice and haven't lost any noticeable muscle. My abdominal fat has dropped off significantly, my lovehandles are almost gone and I can see more definition everywhere. I've been messing around with this technique about 3 weeks, but I'm not quite as strict as your example. I hit somewhere between 100 - 200g of carbs on my low days.

Thanks for the advice I'm gonna try it out! Although I do 20min of HIIT on my workout days I may take 30g of dextrose before hand to prevent protein break down and up my energy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lyle McDonald would seem to be of the view that low carb diets and HIIT don't go well together. It might be worth your time to peruse his site for a bit.

I haven't tried it actually, but I think carbs can definitely help you lose fats and maintain muscles. You should also include protein in your diet.

Hi dear,,,
No doubt vegetables and fruits are good for health, if we use fresh fruit and vegetables, it will more better for us...
specially apple is more important to maintain our health.. So we should use apple..

Try this:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

It will figure your you numbers for you, its aweome.

I dont use he's diet, like his foods, i have an excel spreadsheet that i just enter what i want to eat, and make sure the totals are the same for each day. I can post it if need.

Carb cycling keeps all my strength, and loses all my fat, i highy rate it

Hi,

I have done a good carb cycling routine in the past, but am currently carb cycling while on an Intermittent Fast diet plan. Best of both worlds!

Brix

Try this:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

It will figure your you numbers for you, its aweome.

I dont use he's diet, like his foods, i have an excel spreadsheet that i just enter what i want to eat, and make sure the totals are the same for each day. I can post it if need.

Carb cycling keeps all my strength, and loses all my fat, i highy rate it

If you could post that spreadsheet, I'd really appreciate. I'm an info gatherer and the more I have the happier I am. I've done carb cycling before and just couldn't keep it up because I didn't have enough variety in my meal plans to sustain it.

Back