Carb Cycling

colby2152

Trying to achieve 500 cal under maintenace/day has been a lot harder than I thought, and that is even with super increased frequency. My next cycle, I should be better at that caloric deficit due to change of atmposhere, but I still want a leg up. I finally looked into carb cycling... and I liked some things I read.

What would a standard week look like for carb intake?

Now answer that question for me who will be lifting 6x/week full body core compound WO's. I feel as if I need the carbs.

Do I really need a no carb day? The sacrifice of milk is the most daunting to me.

Thanks for the help...
-Colby

On your lo/no carb days, just have a myoplex right after your w/o. You'll be getting some carbs needed to replenish levels, but not enought to raise insulin to throw off your levels

On your lo/no carb days, just have a myoplex right after your w/o. You'll be getting some carbs needed to replenish levels, but not enought to raise insulin to throw off your levels

If you decide to carb cycle, you may want to trim the workouts down to 4 times a week at most. Also, you'll probably want to keep your protein and fat intake constant, so you'd actually be cycling your calorie intake throughout the week. Something like low cal/carb for a four or five days, followed by a high calorie day, then a day that is around maintenance. I wouldn't go with a no-carb day, that's really unpleasant to live through.
I probably mentioned this elsewhere, but you may want to look into UD2.0. It tells you what workouts to do as well, so you won't be able to do normal HST while doing it though.

Thanks for the tips.

I'll keep them as future reference and follow the advice you left on my summer cycle thread Toten.

Back