Cardio and EPOC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heavy Duty dude @ Mar. 20 2005,2:20)]Just out of curiosity.. were you natural during your cut?
I ask this because you say that you went from mid 10s to this which is probably under 10. This is about 10lbs in one month without muscle loss. That's very impressive for someone natural.
First off, definitely natural - I've never used anabolics in my life, and am not planning on doing it any time soon.

Also bear in mind that my own estimate of bodyfat is just that - my own estimate, not measured. Where exactly in the teens it was before is hard to know for sure, and I dont' have pictoral evidence offhand.

I began my 'summer' training around the beginning of June if memory serves, did a two week break in period of 'clean' but normal eating, and then a month straight of CKD. So, you could SORT of call it 6 weeks of dieting as I'm sure the initial two weeks probably had some effect.

Otherwise, I almost seemed to be MORE muscular afterwards, though I'm not sure how that's possible. But I was doing negatives up to 4 times in a single week for a single set of 5-8 slow reps, and started including some 'burny' training (e.g. slow pushups, squats etc) towards the end for some mapk erk1/2 magic.

All in all though, it worked out quite well. The final week of my diet I cut sodium, drank a lot of water, and upped cardio/that burny training a bit. Also fake tanned, and it made quite a visual difference, even just in one week.

Ok, very good.
thumbs-up.gif

I think I'm gonna add HIIT during my next cut after all. ;)

Back