Cardio and EPOC

Discussion in 'General Training' started by Heavy Duty dude, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mikeynov

mikeynov Super Moderator Staff Member

First off, definitely natural - I've never used anabolics in my life, and am not planning on doing it any time soon.

Also bear in mind that my own estimate of bodyfat is just that - my own estimate, not measured. Where exactly in the teens it was before is hard to know for sure, and I dont' have pictoral evidence offhand.

I began my 'summer' training around the beginning of June if memory serves, did a two week break in period of 'clean' but normal eating, and then a month straight of CKD. So, you could SORT of call it 6 weeks of dieting as I'm sure the initial two weeks probably had some effect.

Otherwise, I almost seemed to be MORE muscular afterwards, though I'm not sure how that's possible. But I was doing negatives up to 4 times in a single week for a single set of 5-8 slow reps, and started including some 'burny' training (e.g. slow pushups, squats etc) towards the end for some mapk erk1/2 magic.

All in all though, it worked out quite well. The final week of my diet I cut sodium, drank a lot of water, and upped cardio/that burny training a bit. Also fake tanned, and it made quite a visual difference, even just in one week.

2. Heavy Duty dude

Heavy Duty dude New Member

Ok, very good. [​IMG]

I think I'm gonna add HIIT during my next cut after all. ;)