Changing Bench Angle in the middle of cycle

the RK

Hey everyone. I've been posting a lot in the past couple of days mostly because I'm finding myself in a rut. One of those is my chest progression. I'm doing a 45 degree incline dumbbell bench press, and at first it was great. Since I've started using heavier weights though, I'm feeling the usage of my shoulders more than my chest. I thought about changing to Flat bench press even though I'm in the middle of a cycle because I've always used the same weight in dumbbells for both angles. The reason I tend to stay away from decline bench and dips is because my chest tends to get a saggy look to it. What's everyone else's opinion on the best chest developing exercises?

Rk

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm doing a 45 degree incline dumbbell bench press, and at first it was great. Since I've started using heavier weights though, I'm feeling the usage of my shoulders more than my chest.

That figures
laugh.gif
any reason why you went for the 45 degree? :confused:

That exercise is basically involving the shoulders to more than 70% I'd guess.

The best b/b or d/b bench is about 10 - 15 degrees, so that shoulder involvement is rather minimal. This is only second to dips as dips tends to be the best chest developer simply because of the load you can carry when doing it, about 130 - 150% greater than the best bench press.

I'd say change it and rather use a 75 degree or so strictly for shoulder development!

Fausto

My gym is really limited on equipment, so I don't have a way to use a "slight" incline. What's the next best angle?

Back