coming back after 2-3 years off, question about reps

Forbins

Hi, i had a successful HST cycle or 2 a few years ago and I'm starting to work out again. I was thinking of doing a basic HST routine but following linear progression until I max out and then do a SD and start the HST routine.

The question is, would there be anything wrong with alternating my rep ranges at each workout? Here's what i have in mind:

Monday 1x15

wednesday 2x10

Friday 3x5

That's fine. It would work.

Kind of curious why you would decide to change things up so drastically though if you had good results before. But try it out and see how it goes.

Think it would be better to just do 15's each workout until i max out then move on to 10's and eventually 5's?

Not necessarily. I actually think that keeping higher reps in throughout the cycle can work well, and the setup you are suggesting in the original post would work pretty well. My only caveat would be that doing your 15 RM, 10RM and 5RM all in one week could be tough. So... I would probably set it up as to not be hitting all those maxes in the same week.

Cool deal. I'll try it out. It'll take me a while to get back to my previous weights and i'll drop sets in 10's and 5's once i start stalling or coming close to it and do a SD before starting a typical HST routine.

Back