Could anybody please help here?

AdamCJX

I'm starting on HST and my goal for now is getting lean mass or at least keep what I already have (I'm 6' and 200Lbs) while losing fat to get cut. I'm in the Metabolic/Anabolic diet where you eat mainly protein and fat during week days and a max. of 35-50g of carbs a day and then load high carbs on weekends (for 36-48 hours) then go back to low carbs(35-50g a day), high fat, high protein again on monday. I lost about 10Lbs of mostly fat in this diet in only 1 month. Now that I'm starting HST (after a 9 days break for decon.) I want to stick with the diet.
Is there anybody training on HST and doing this diet? Could they give any adivices as using hST and the diet together?
I'm mainly curious if I should eat all my carbs of the day right after the workout since I know you need carbs post workout.
Also any other tips that people on HST and Anabolic/Metabolic diet could give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Plan your HST routine as usual. Go ahead and manage them seperately.

Optimize your training for size. Then it will minimize muscle loss from the diet.

Keep in mind that cardio is still your best bet for fat loss.

Train like normal, eat less. By training as you were trying to add mass you're setting your body in a mode were it will lose less muscle and burn more fat.

To put it yet another way, keep training the same way, whether in a cutting or mass phase. Adjust your diet to your goal; a deficit for cutting, a surplus for gaining.

Dear Adam CJX,

In your quest for a leaner physique, do not compromise poundage. Heavy weights will maintain muscle, the heavier the better, within the confines of good lifting form.

And thus, your HST program must be utilized as such - for hypertrophy, so stick with the 15s, 10s, 5s and -Ves progression.

As for your diet, I had used it before while HSTing, and I must say that it is not the best diet to use. You are better off having a calorie controlled diet, be in calorie deficit but still have carbs. This will allow you to train with much fervor, which is good for fat-burning and muscle growth.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Thanks a lot for all replies. This is a very active and helpful community. The reason I'm in this anabolic diet is because I want to lose as much fat as I can as soon as possible. I have a little flab around my waist and it has to be gone by end of January. I don't expect to be ripped on my abs in such short time, but the flab has to go. It's the only place where I still have any "noticable" fat. So this diet was the one that made me lose fat faster. I'm taking Hydroxy Cut for fat burning and am even considering taking a PH to help burn the fat and build more muscles. But here in EU I can only find an oral 4-ad. Not sure it's worth.I'm not holding back on weight. I'm following my HST plan by the book. I just started and tomorrow I do my 3ed day of 15s. Will do about 60lbs bench. Yes I know, it's low, but I guess that's the way it supposed to be in the beginning.

Thanks guys and merry Christmas.

Back