Cutting at the wrong time

Well, what if you were taking Test Booster, Anti Aromatase, L-Glutamine, ZMA, and a amino complex? You could take PHs also.

You'd need to read my posts and see. Test boosters are a waste of money, and I'm on aminos, as a second to the more expensive HRT.

been away so missed most of the action in this thread,but to throw in my two peneth again.

in my first post i mentioned the body priming effect,basically when im bulking,i injest lots of protein and carbs,then as i cut i use the priming method while cutting so i eat a lot less,proberbly wont gain any lbm at this time,but i eat enough to prevent catabolism,and also throw in some cardio.

after 4-6 weeks or so of this(i coincide my sd with this as well)my bodies been used to low carbs etc,then boom,hit the weights hard,and start shoveling down the callories(good cals).

i thought this might suit quad as he is a seasoned trainer,who like me has a harder time putting on lbm unlike newbies who dont really need this type of diet.
wink.gif

That's pretty much it, except I'm only cutting for a short time before a slammin' bulk with only a short highrep mesocycle (probably only a week, with 10 reps), so that's the reason for a different type of cut. I bought celery, cabbage, snap beans, diced tomatoes, tomatoe paste, broccoli heads, carrots, and onions. I can't remember the rest of the ingredients I'm supposed to add, but as you can see, this is intentionally low starch.
Day by day I may add boiled chikkin livers, or turkey chili, shredded beef, chopped chicken or even tuna to the bowls. Wash it all down with a nice cookies and cream whey shake. By the time I get sick of it, it should be time to bulk. I started cutting yesterday, I'm on my 9th workout of the fives...I'll go far as I can and deload. I'm not sure if I should continue the cut through the week of tens or not, but I'll see how I look and feel for that.

I may be spending some extra time in the bathroom...
sad.gif

wait........shouldn't you be on SD right now? I thought you switched it down every 2 weeks and then SD-then restart the cycles.

You can run the fives for an extended period. Why quit when you're still making gains in strength and/or size? As long as you're not overtrained...you know, feeling like you now hate the gym, fatigued, sore and stuff, or not making gains. If you're someone near your genetic limits, it's almost necessary. We don't gain as much during the cycle itself. Noobs overtrain easier.

the meso cycles dont have to be 2wks either i do 3wk cycles so my total cycles come to 10 or 12wks.
but if your new to HST do the basic routine before you try tweaking.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Change of plans. My doc put me on some meds for cholesterol, (simvastatin) of which the side effects can be muscle soreness, tenderness, and weakness. So I'm going into my 9th workout for the 6's and hit the wall like falling off a cliff! I couldn't even get the d/b's up to my shoulders to do presses...couldn't even get any of last week's weights, so I decided to go ahead and deload. I was getting pretty well fried anyway.

The diet isn't gonna work because I just don't have the willpower to eat just one food anymore. The soup is great, but my days have been going like this:
Meal 1.) 1c. oatmeal with 50g. whey and lowfat milk.
Meal 2.) Small bowl of the soup w/ meat
Meal 3.) Piece of fruit
Meal 4.) Giant bowl of soup w/ meat
Meal 5.) Salad w/ meat
Meal 6.) Small bowl of the soup
Meal 7.) Tub of cottage cheese w/ fruit

Half of one day with the soup and I realized I wasn't gonna make it this time. Veggies for breakfast...ugh.
I know this lowcarb setup should work...I felt weak skating tonight and in cardio yesterday, so I know I'm in a deficit...unless the meds are still messin' with me. They said if my body doesn't get used to them in a week, to report in. Four days now.

That is the main problem I see in low carb diets. You seriously lack, as a lifter, the energy to put on more weights.

Your body should get use to it though because
I know guys that only eat carbs in the morning and are making gains off of mainly protein and fat.

As I just said, I was on workout NINE of 6x3, which is in itself enough to make a guy hit the wall...AND I'm 53, not that that's any excuse, AND I started a serious med, AND I've started a serious cut. I also lift close to the failure line throughout my style of late; linear progression (there is a thread on it) and had hit the wall allready on d/b incline bench (105's) and weighted dips (90lbs). It was time.

My weight for the last week was 201,204,207,202,205,208,205, giving me an average of 204.57 lbs. I weighed today before lunch at 199. The cut has begun. I'll stop taking the meds and let the diet get rid of the cholesterol if my energy keeps flagging. Got to give them a week tho, and I'm deloading anyway, and work is slow, so it doesn't matter.

Back