day 1

brisbanemick

Started my first week of 15's on Monday, first cycle.

After completing my workout log, I thought to myself how easy the first few training sessions would be as all I am used to is lifting heavy during short phosphate energy bursts.

Well, how wrong I was!.I must have been doing something right. Originally I was to do 3 sets on all exercises...well, I ended up doing 2 on my compounds and 1 on isolation. After that I was fried.
I'm not used to that lactic juice....and sweat! I near forgot what that stuff was!.
Anyway, just gotta say, I'm going to enjoy this trip but am damm straight looking forward to hitting the 10's allready.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (brisbanemick @ Aug. 02 2005,5:29)]Originally I was to do 3 sets on all exercises...well, I ended up doing 2 on my compounds and 1 on isolation. After that I was fried.
I've been doing 2 sets for compounds and 1 for isolation exercises as well for my first cycle, and it's been working just great. Keep up the good work, and you'll find the latter end of the 15's should be some hard workouts!

-Colby

The 15's were WAY tougher than I thought they would be. Thankfully, I made it through. I start 5's tomorrow.

I think the main reason for the 15's, is to see if you are man enough to handle the rest.

However, I love that burn!!! So they are my fave!

Three sets of each exercise on the 15's?? I am new to HST, I thought it is suggested to do 1 set of 15's, 2 sets of 10's, and 2 or 3 of 5's. Is this correct, or should I be adding two more sets to my 15's workout?

Hello davisbm :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Three sets of each exercise on the 15's?? I am new to HST, I thought it is suggested to do 1 set of 15's, 2 sets of 10's, and 2 or 3 of 5's. Is this correct, or should I be adding two more sets to my 15's workout?

Well, as long as you feel the "burn", then you are ok. If they don't ache, no burning sensation, then the 15's are probably not doing their job of building up lactic acid for healing and strengthening your joints (that is, preparing them for the heavy loads). Just increase the volume until you feel it.

Regards!
-JV

Back