Diet for HST

BigJ

OK,
Don't flame me 'cos i've tried to find info on how i should eat on this program and couldn't find any. Could someone point me to where it is?
Also - i have been using torbjorn ackerfeldt's ABCDE eating program coupled to HIT and have made extremely good gains. Is there some way i can use ABCDE with HST?
Oh yeah - this is my first post so Hi - this program looks good but i am still sceptical......

ps - i like being able to gain as much weight as i do on this program and only have to diet for a week or two every fortnight. I hate the thought of the whole - bulk for 20 weeks then diet until you are tearing your hair out to get lean....
i am hoping this isn't the hst way...

thanks,

Well - if i can do a workout that doesn't wear me out so much and will give me *better* gains - why not.

I also believe that changing my routine a lot helps me gain quicker too, I think HST might be a good one to add into the rotation. Looks a bit too good to be true mind you but then so was ABCDE before i tried it.

So - do you know where the info is for nutrition on the forum here? I can't find it...

Thanks jsraaf,

looks like i still get to eat like a horse most of the time then :D

Might let my buddy start on this first as a guinnea pig then if he starts to pile on weight i'll go for it. It seems really complicated....

Sure.

The concept isn't that complicated.

Many knowledgable people here, plus info in the FAQ, so just ask.

BigJ,

I did a ABCDE program about 5 years ago, I didn't gain any muscle size. I would put on 15 pounds and then lose 15 pounds. I guess it works for some and not others. :D . It was fun to eat like a pig though.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Yeah you do lose a bit of what you gain - but i found the only way to do this diet was to really gorge yourself for the full 14 days.
To the point where you really look forward to being on a diet. Just so you don't have to eat anymore.

Still - looking forward to piling on the weight over the next 8 weeks...

The problem with the original ABCDE plan was that the calories for bulking were too high, and the calories for dieting were too low. Try 18-20kcal/lbs for bulking and 10-12kcal/lbs for dieting if you really want to try this strategy out.

Blade, do you think that amount of calories is extreme enough to produce the results Tobjorn claims. Isn't the diet based on severely overeating, then severely undereating to manipulate anabolic hormone, or something like that?
BigJ: That's great that the ABCDE diet has worked good for you. When I came across it a few months ago, I became very interested in it. I forgot about it for a while, now you've sparked my interest in it again. I may use it for my next bulk.
Did your bodyfat levels increase or stay the same at the end of the 4 week bulk/cut cycle?

Also, you say that you made great gains with this diet and HIT training. How much exactly did you gain?

-Tank

Tank - Bodyfat was about the same after the cut as it was before i started bulking.

I have gained about two stone (28 pounds) over a 2 year period of on and off doing it. My first bulk cycle i gained about 12 pounds then lost about 4- 5 on the cut.

I don't care if you don't like ABCDE it got me out of a long plateau with a 7 pound muscle gain in a month. I wouldn't have believed it if i wasn't me!! ;)

Bear in mind in the gaining phase i have to eat to the point of discomfort every day to get gains like this.....

Are you doing the HST routine tank? Because i don't know if ABCDE will really fit into this....

The results of using ABCDE with HST would be great because the fullbody nutrient partitioning would keep you from putting on fat as quickly while adding a lot of muscle. The only problem is making it fit with the HST cycle.

I'm doing an ABCDE-esque experiment shortly...I'll switch from eating 2100 kcal to around 4000 in the blink of an eye while starting a 6x/week HST cycle. I expect pretty insane results. From what Akerfeldt (sp?) cited, it seems like the favorable hormonal response lasts about two weeks. Search for ABCDE and you'll see threads about combining it with HST.

-Calkid

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll switch from eating 2100 kcal to around 4000 in the blink of an eye while starting a 6x/week HST cycle. I expect pretty insane results.

From what I've read here (forum & FAQ) from Bryan, you could also expect some insane fat gain by doing this. I believe it's recommended to ramp-up the calorie intake over a few weeks instead of all at once.

Back