Dip belt

Bob Evans

I know this has been answered before --by Brian.

But I could not find it. I need a dip belt -- can't find one at my local sports store. There had been a post about what to buy at a hardware store to make one.

Can anyone answer, or direct me?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,
Have a back support belt? If so, simply put an "S" hook on each end of a 36" piece of chain. One end attaches to the buckle of your belt. The other end loops through a plate and hooks back into the chain. If you don't have that type belt, any wide webbing material (to spread the weight across your lower back) will work just fine. Perhaps a rappelling harness is in your arsenal?
Good luck.
Arcturus

Someone on the Forum once suggested putting plates in a old knapsack and strapping same to your back. That would be a good solution (and a cheap one) unless/until you need to add significant poundage.

Thanks gentlemen. I broke the code. I lift in the pm at a cruddy gym with no dip belt and no decline bench. I lift in the am in a small community center workout room.

Since there is a new gym opening in a month I did not want to buy a belt. So I figured out the community center has a dip belt but no dip station.....go figure. So I am using the arms from a tred mill as a dip station and using that belt am.

But thanks. Those on line belts are cheap. I think I might get one anyways.

Lession: It may look like a tredmill -- but it is really a dip station (wide bars too)

Bob
worship.gif
worship.gif

Back