do u full squat or not?

Yeah thats the power cage!

But now to the off topic :D I was squatting the other day and asked some guy, who looked that he knows his stuff, to spot me. Then i hit 10 reps and said let`s go for another one. Then at the bottom of the movement the guy didnt help me
crazy.gif
####! You cant believe what is going in my mind when i`m in full squat and cant move. Then i started to fall backwards. Luckily i was able to slide the bar away from me but it still hit me to the lower back...luckily it wasn`t anything bad. I looked at the guy and he just said "i didn`t know it was that heavy" ....No #### sherlock, was those weight invisible in the end of the bar...And when i though it couldn`t go any worse he asked me..can you spot me
dozingoff.gif

Tcup

Obviously he didn't know his stuff :mad:

It is terrible when you give your trust to someone and he ltes you down
sad.gif

A spotter that knows his stuff will motivate you for a couple of seconds but by feel he/she'll know that it is time to get in there and help
tounge.gif

Consider it an experience and next time make sure the guy know his stuff, I alweays tell my spotters, I want to do some ATG squats, so please take me by the belt and if I can't get up from the floor, just help me out of the "zone".

Hope your back recovers, these ATG squats tend to work muscles that were not worked before, specially in the lower back, at least I noticed a difference!

It has the cage structure yes, but the point I was trying to get across is that the bar is still fixed to the apparatus - it doesn't appear that way there. You raise it from one of the rack holds - aka a normal smith machine - however you can also have it on your shoulders and walk forward...am I making any sense?

You can do lunges, skull crushers, etc...exercises that need 2 dimensions of movement. Not just one, aka a standard smithy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]am I making any sense?

Explanatory sense yeah! However I have never seens one of those, in my mind a smithy, is stuck to moving up and down in a straight motion.

Anyway, we are getting somewhat off the subject!

So you prefer to do your squats there? and assuming those are the ATG squats we are talking about right?

I kinda like to try one of those cages, that way you can take the "safety" issue out of your mind and really go "ape", I can imagine myself turning as red as a tomatoe, there is nothing like areal good squat to get your blood going!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeh I prefer to do my squats on there, A2G - is there any other way? ;)

Anyway, I found the maker:

Max Rack 3D

Hopefully it makes more sense now. You have the rack aka standard smithy - but there's a 2nd plane of motion (even though they call it 3D)

I like having the safety issue taken care of, as I don't always have a partner - or anyone nearby who can spot for squats properly.

Back