Does natural training cause spots??

ian

Got asked this question today by one of my particulary vain pals and didnt really know the answer.

I know taking steroids can, I dont know why, maybe increased testosterone?

But surely training a lot also increases testoserone and therefore the the risk of spots?

Any advice or preventions welcome :) And for once I want to here all of the science :D

I also heard the same about creatine as it is like a very mild steroid, is this true?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ian @ Mar. 11 2005,1:06)]I also heard the same about creatine as it is like a very mild steroid, is this true?
I haven't heard that one, as a matter of fact I believe there are studies showing that creatine has very little if any anabolic effect.

In the review by Aagaard "Making muscles "stronger": exercise, nutrition, drugs" he metions the potential of creatine to HELP increase the responsiveness of muscle cells to intensive training stimuli through locally produced muscle growth factors that are upregulated during creatine supplementation, but doesn't really say it's anabolic in nature.

Nah, it clears spots, it doesn't create them.

If I eat too much white sugar, I get spots.. exercise and creatine doesn't add to that, it deducts it if anything.

S.

When I was using a hempseed oil supplement, I used to get pimples on my shoulders, my hair and fingernails grew faster etc. I also saw nice gains in the gym though so that was good.

Spots as in acne? Pimples?

Your skin may "break out" from training. It has less to do with your testosterone and more to do with the effects of heat and sweat on the bacteria in your pores.

If you are using a high sugar carb drink you may see some of it flare up as well.

Back