Doggcrapp Training

Sure, but that definition makes use of the clever fact that HST could incorporate any non-retarded routine under the sun, as the general principles Bryan isolated are the ones who should be at the core of any such routine ;).

I have done DC style training in the past, that is as much as anyone can without being trained by Dante.

I had a considerable amount of information saved so I am fairly confident that I had the training side of things pretty spot on, I probably let myself down a bit on the diet.

Overall, I enjoyed rest / pause training, I got some good strength increases, but like Quad said, the strenth increases proportionally outweighed the size gains. I put this down to diet, but if Quad ate like a horse, maybe it was not as much as I thought, more a natural vrs geared training issue.

This is my 1st HST cycle, and I am almost at the end. In a 1 cycle comparison between HST & DC, my personal strength and size gains have been better with HST. Just my personal results.

TBH, if I remember correctly, I had to back off the cals because I was just getting fat about halfway through...but at my age that is the tendency - it's a spot between a rock and a hard place, so don't go by my diet results.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 06 2007,11:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">TBH, if I remember correctly, I had to back off the cals because I was just getting fat about halfway through...but at my age that is the tendency - it's a spot between a rock and a hard place, so don't go by my diet results.</div>
or a rock and a soft place
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 06 2007,06:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">TBH, if I remember correctly, I had to back off the cals because I was just getting fat about halfway through...but at my age that is the tendency - it's a spot between a rock and a hard place, so don't go by my diet results.</div>
This is another point where I feel Dante was smart in his approach. He has his boys eating truckloads of protein(and I do mean truckloads), he has them doing cardio, and he`s invented some magical no carbs in the afternoon(or something like that). What does that ammount to?First, it`s a tad bit better to overconsume protein than carbs or fat, and you`re probably going to be stuffing yourself with lean chicken breast and whatnot(the eat clean bber obsession) in order to hit your protein goals, and you`re likely to be less prone to ridiculous caloric excedents(as are specific to most bulking bros, who think that bulking=eating the fridge and then going for dessert). The cardio will also limit the excedent to an extent, not to mention that it may have an anorectic effect by itself, and thus having you eat a little less.

Finally, the magical no carb after whatever point in time actually is there to keep the same retarded bros from above from gulping on two cartons of ice-cream, because they`re bulking and they need da carbs to fuel the workout and growth. If he wouldn`t have draped it in some magical reason, it wouldnt`ve worked, because the mindset of the bber is that all of this stuff is somehow magical and it`s gotta be some complex pathway activated by arcane methods unique to this highly skillful sport.

And aside from being a rant, this has little to do with Quad`s progress when he was doing DC...hope you`re not upset with the rant;)

Back