Driver for rest days?

mikey_270

I was just wondering about everyone's protein supps for their rest days of the cycle. Not talking about SD, but just the rest days.

Do you still drink your pre/post shakes even though there is no workout? Or do you get all of your required protein from food and only use the shakes for workouts as "extra" protein?

If I had Primer and Driver, would it be better to use Driver for the rest days because of it's steady delivery as opposed to the quick Primer?

Thanks,

Mikey

You can always use a protein powder to add extra protein to your diet. Bryan has said in the past that regular food is just as good of a source of protein. I think the main benefit of protein powder is the convinience, especially if you dont have time to cook.

So, on my rest days I should use both my fast protein (Primer) and a slow (Driver) even though I'm not working out on that day?

Or in other words, does a fast protein such as Primer still yield a lot of benefits on rest days, or is a steady flow of protein from Driver a better source?

What it all boils down to is; I am going to give the Primer and Driver a try, and I was wanting to know if I need to buy more Driver than Primer, or if I should get equal amounts. If, on my rest days Primer isn't necessary, than I should by more Driver so I don't run out.

Thanks,

Mikey

It's pretty much up to you . Personally, I use generic whey in place of Primer and only take Driver after my lifting - 3 days a week. That's becuase I'm doing this building on a budget and my wife doesn't give me a good allowance ;-)

If you can afford to use both products every day, I'd say go for it! For your rest days you might want to take primer 1st thing in the morning becuase you've gone the night with out protein and need a quick supply. Driver would be best before bed when you will (should) be going 8+ hours without protein...

As I see it, there is no "right and wrong" here - it's about creating the optimal environment for growth. That enviornment would be one where you continually have a steady protein supply for building...

Back