Driver Post work out??

I

imported_doughboy

I have never seen anyone recommend a protein blend post workout. I have always used whey since it becomes available faster than blended proteins. Why is Driver recommended as a post workout? Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldnt find anything on this subject.

Thanks
derek

Driver is used post WO for the opposite reason that Primer, (or whey protein) is used pre WO. Since whey does become "available" faster, it is used to flood the muscles with amino acids during WO. Driver, or slow protein, is used post WO so that the muscles can be constantly feeding on aminos during the increased nutrient uptake "window," for the few hours that follow lifting.

The Primer before your workout eliminates the need for a fast protein afterwards. The protein (i.e. amino acids) is already where it needs to be by the time you are finished working out. The Driver then just sustains amino aicds levels already elevated by Primer.

Of course, if you are going to eat soon after your workout anyway, go ahead and use Primer afterwards as well. Just make sure you get a meal 1 hour after you drink it.

Given the choice to take primer after WO or before bed, which should it be? Usually I eat w/in an hour or two from my WO, but I'd be interested to know the optimal time here.... I seem to recall Bryan saying it was good before bed too since you don't eat while you sleep (unless you have a problem).

Back