Eat right for your body type

<div>
(Totentanz @ Aug. 24 2007,23:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Instead of putting the onus on someone to disprove bodytyping using scientific evidence, I think it should be the other way around.  I've yet to see a single shred of science behind bodytyping, only pseudoscience just like you see with things like phrenology, chiropractics, etc.</div>
I have seen chiropractic work for some people in certain situations. And I have had some success myself with chiropractic when I was having some neck problems. But as for their claims of other health benefits....not so sure there.

Obviously that is off topic but I felt the need to post my thoughts on it.

As for the bodytyping....I think it is BS. Like Tot said.....there is no scientific evidence to support it.

Warning: ranting mode on
laugh.gif

Well...if we're gonna get stuck here we might as well close this one off and say there is no scientific proof to bodytyping, the different bodies out there are genetically different and have more to do with different metabolism types than body types.

At least that is waht Lyle says, we all &quot;handle&quot; P/C/F ratios somewhat differently, and the only issue I have with that is, if we all ate correctly for our metabolisms we'd all have lean bodies, the exception would be body or bone structutre size, right?

The above would however lead to a variety of different recipes in order to accomodate, insulin sensitivity or resistanc...seems to sound like a plausible explanation rather than stereotyping.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Bulldog @ Aug. 25 2007,09:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Totentanz @ Aug. 24 2007,23:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Instead of putting the onus on someone to disprove bodytyping using scientific evidence, I think it should be the other way around. I've yet to see a single shred of science behind bodytyping, only pseudoscience just like you see with things like phrenology, chiropractics, etc.</div>
I have seen chiropractic work for some people in certain situations. And I have had some success myself with chiropractic when I was having some neck problems. But as for their claims of other health benefits....not so sure there.

Obviously that is off topic but I felt the need to post my thoughts on it.

As for the bodytyping....I think it is BS. Like Tot said.....there is no scientific evidence to support it.</div>
I'm sure it works for some things. My parents, for instance, swear by it. The point was about the science behind it, which is dubious at best. I will admit that I feel better when I have someone thoroughly crack my back, so... might not be the same thing as chiropractics, but that's the closest I've ever came.

I used to swear by chiropractic, but I'll probably not go to one again, now that I know what to do, and what to think. And that last is the weirdest part, and the strongest medicine.
As for fad diets; at least they provide some motivation for people who might otherwise not diet at all. And if you're convinced that you are a meso/endo/cusp ecto with a carb deficiency, at least you'll be trying something different from whatever it was that made you feel a need to change, right?
laugh.gif

Back