Ecdysterone - Hype?

Vaymigade

I was reading up on ecdysterone and the information on it sounds pretty impressive.

Heres a summary -

Ecdysterone Highlights:
* A Drastic Increase in Lean Body Mass
* Increased Endurance
* Stimulates Metabolism
* Improves Nerve Function and Enhances Erythropoiesis (the development of mature red blood cells (erythrocytes))
* Decreases Blood Sugar
* Reduces Adipose Tissue
* Improves Nearly Every Bodily Function Including Brain and Liver
* It's Safe and Effective for Men, Women, and Even Teenagers
* Prevents the Loss of Muscle Mass while Promoting Growth of Muscle Fibers

Not to mention:
It does all this with absolutely no reported side effects, making it safe beyond reproach.
* No Negative Side Effects
* No Virilization
* No Conversion Into Estrogenic Compounds
* No Liver Toxicity
* No High Blood Pressure
* No Testicular Shrinkage
* No effects on the hormonal system in mammals including humans
* Incredibly Low Toxicity Levels (Over 4,000 times that which a person should consume)

Complete List:
* Increases protein synthesis
* Improves nearly every bodily function
* Stimulates protein synthesis in nervous tissue and increases nerve function
* Increases growth anabolicly in vertebrates including humans
* Increases total protein and glycogen content in muscles
* Increases myofibrilar proteins more efficiently than the anabolic steroids Methandrostenolone, the most potent steroid, Dianabol
* Suppresses hypoglycemia while powerfully stabilizing blood sugar levels
* Perfect glycemic regulator leading to constant energy and feeling of well-being
* Stimulates incorporation of glycogen into proteinaceous tissue such as liver and muscle
* Prevents high blood sugar levels and high insulin levels thereby halting fat production
* Pushes nutrients into muscle and organ tissue yielding better muscle growth and repair
* Possesses potent cholesterol-lowering effect
* Stimulates the phospholipids that are linked to enormous health benefits when stimulated
* Lowers cholesterol having a potent hepatoprotective action
* Cell membrane stabilizing properties
* Anti-arrhythmia stabilizing properties
* Restorative action on atherosclerosis
* Analgestic properties and a potent antioxidative effect
* Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
* Works against high cortisol levels as an anti-catabolic agent by reducing/eliminating stressors such as inflammation, preventing cortisol from being released
* Positive effect on the skin improving: keratinization, differentiation and acne
* Vastly increases athletic performance by increasing work capacity, body-weight, lung capacity, and VO2 max while also increasing exhalation of CO2.
* Increases lean muscle tissue and reduces adipose content
* Reduces fatigue and apathy, yet increases speed and strength
* Promotes a positive nitrogen balance and maintains a greater rate of protein synthesis

I was wondering if Bryan or someone more educated than me regarding this subject could tell me whether its worth the money or if its a hoax.

If you buy some and it works V, you can be the very first to post a non-commercial testimonial.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ July 07 2005,6:20)]If you buy some and it works V, you can be the very first to post a non-commercial testimonial.
I have seen logs where people try it and it worked somewhat, or so they said. Subjective evaluation ain't the best way to go about these things. The problem always seems to be dosage, as in you need a ton of it, and given its price that isn't cost effective. Plus from what I understand based on its structure it should have some decent bioavailability to begin with. There may be some promise in it, but raw it's useless unless you consume a ton of the stuff it seems.

The logs I have seen where people said they got results all had greater than a gram a day dosing, often more like upwards of two a day. I guess it's up to the person trying it to see if that's worth it to them. Beyond a Century and Bulk Nutrition have the raw powder available. I tried it once at around a gram a day, honestly couldn't say if it did anything.

Back