etothepii's HST adventure!!!

<div>
(abarlament @ Mar. 24 2007,23:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just wait till you have to do heavy weights with 6x5
biggrin.gif
</div>
Yeah, I know. I'll let myself be flexible on that. I might cut out the accessory exercises, or do 3x5 working sets, 3x5 lighter sets, something like that.

Had bodyfat tested today and it was 13.2 % Weight is 150.

Update on the cut:

I've gone from 167 on January 1 to 149 today, March 29th. Within that time frame, I spent about 2 weeks maintaining 152 lbs, just to keep the metabolism stable.

I have cut a new hole in my belt. I'm seeing upper two abs relaxed.

Since I have in my life weighed just over 200 lbs, I am finding that I have a decent amount of loose skin around the midsection. Kind of a bummer when you flex your abs and see wrinkly, hanging skin.
sad.gif
Still, I'd rather be this way than fat, an when I'm relaxed, you can't perceive the excess skin all that much.

I've read on a guy's website that his excess skin tightened up when he got below 10% bf. I may try it sometime in the future.

Ugh. I have a stomach virus. I couldn't workout Thursday and Friday due to schedule stuff, Saturday I spent all day putting in flooring and got sick at night. Sunday was spent in bed all day. I'm feeling a little better today, but I can't eat. When I do get a little better, I have to finish the flooring, so who knows when I'll be able to work out again!?

I've dropped 4 pounds due to dehydration.

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks, and pretty lack luster in terms of my workout. I had a weeks vacation, and only lifted once -- partially beacause of illness, partially because of travel -- our hotel's &quot;Fitness Center&quot; consisted of a room with 3 treadmills in it.

Anyway, I'm back in the swing of things. My weight is fluctuating between 147 and 151. I hope to start the cut again this week and get down to the low 140's before stopping and going slow bulk again.

Highlights:

I looked darn good in my bathing suit during vacation!

I just bought some new jeans this weekend -- with a 29&quot; waist!!!! Woo Hoo!!

I did my lower body lift last night at my 10 RM, which was equal to, or just 5 or so pounds less than my 10 RMs when I was almost 20 lbs heavier!!

That is awesome...now you need to make a movie like 'fight club' or '300' so everyone can marvel at your leaness and you can tell them you did it with HST!
laugh.gif

I haven't had a 29&quot; waist since I was 13-14! You must be ripped.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 16 2007,12:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That is awesome...now you need to make a movie like 'fight club' or '300' so everyone can marvel at your leaness and you can tell them you did it with HST!
laugh.gif

I haven't had a 29&quot; waist since I was 13-14!  You must be ripped.</div>
Thanks, sci.

Of course a 29 inch pants size still corolates to a 32.5&quot; waist (at its widest point near the belly button), and since I was formerly 50 lbs overweight, I have some odd looking skin on the abs, but overall, I'm reall happy with my looks.

Finally took some progress pics.
First is a year ago at 151 lbs
Traps.jpg

Still have some fat in about a 3&quot; radius around the belly butten that really needs to go.

Oh, and that is Nemo in the background.

Respect for the hard work and results, even more for having the b@lls to pose off against nemo- he's short but thick, a real giant killer!!!
biggrin.gif

Everybody is cutting for the summer and here I am bulking away!
You look good, I feel like a fatass now...thanks.
sad.gif

-just kidding...I like getting BIG lately.

Great work Eto! You certainly don't look as if you have a decent amount of loose skin around the midsection. It looks pretty tight to me. Well done mate.

Can't remember how tall you are? I'm 5' 10&quot; and at 189lb I think I'm in pretty similar shape to you. Must get around to taking some darned pics at the end of my cut in a few weeks time.

You are looking good for a teacher ;) After you put on a few more lbs of muscle this winter you'll be looking studly next summer. Go hang out at the pools where the high schoolers are and make them young'uns jealous
smile.gif

Thanks for the comments. I'm 5'6.&quot; If I flex the abs tight in a bit of a crunch, the funky skin really starts to wrinkly up and look bad.

<div>
(abarlament @ Apr. 23 2007,02:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You are looking good for a teacher ;)  After you put on a few more lbs of muscle this winter you'll be looking studly next summer.  Go hang out at the pools where the high schoolers are and make them young'uns jealous
smile.gif
</div>
'Cos every teacher wants to look 'studly'!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Log Stuff:

I'm well into the 6x5 phase of my workout. It's added a few minutes to my upper body workout. Very tiring. There's a big difference between 3x5 and 6x5. Take bench press, for example. I can throw the weight up on the first 3 sets, but the last two are a struggle. Can't wait until I get to near my 5rm. I'll probably double my rest time.

I've dropped my calories down to 1800-1900 per day, as I have been stuck on 147 lbs for a while at 2000 caleries per day. We'll see what that does to my energy levels.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I've dropped my calories down to 1800-1900 per day, as I have been stuck on 147 lbs for a while at 2000 caleries per day. We'll see what that does to my energy levels. </div>

How long have you been cutting for? You may need one week at maintenance while exercising to get your BMR back up.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 25 2007,10:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I've dropped my calories down to 1800-1900 per day, as I have been stuck on 147 lbs for a while at 2000 caleries per day. We'll see what that does to my energy levels. </div>

How long have you been cutting for?  You may need one week at maintenance while exercising to get your BMR back up.</div>
I cut for about a two months and did that. I'm back to cutting again. If this decrease doesn't help or has some negative side effects, I'll just quit cutting altogether.

Well, things have sort of fallen apart lately. My new goal is to make it to June, working out as much as possible, without gaining any fat. Just can't stick to a routine right now. After vacation, I'll be off work for the summer, and I can start a serious cycle.

Back