Everyones Diet Before SLEEP ???

dan_how

just wondering what everyone is intaking prior to the required 8-10 hours sleep. its the longest time from which we go without eating..so what is everyones nutritional strategy??

some people may eat nothing, others protein shakes, caesin, some others may have a shake half way through the night?>??

BGe great to get everyones thoughts on the idea and also view what people do themselves!!

Look forward to the responses!!

I just snack before I sleep. It is not a big deal if you're not eating during that period, because you are also not working out.

I try to not eat about 2 hours before sleeping mainly becuase I take ZMA and it works better that way. I cannot eat much more than a small snack directly before bed anyway. If I do I get stomach cramps and gas pains and the like.

You're talking about bulking right?

A protein shake isn't a bad idea, some crackers with cottage cheese would be good as well, basically a little bit of carbs and protein to keep catabolism at bay while you sleep.

I wouldn't interupt sleeping patterns to eat unless your a pro BBer.

I normally eat a can of tuna, or cottage cheese on toast, or both if I'm hungrier...

Lots of people say not to eat too many carbs at night, to avoid putting on fat... Is there evidence for this, or does it fall into the urban myths category - I'm normally hungriest at night, so could easily eat more
biggrin.gif

<div>
(jmm @ Jan. 08 2007,07:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I normally eat a can of tuna, or cottage cheese on toast, or both if I'm hungrier...

Lots of people say not to eat too many carbs at night, to avoid putting on fat... Is there evidence for this, or does it fall into the urban myths category - I'm normally hungriest at night, so could easily eat more
biggrin.gif
</div>
I'll chalk that up to urban myth!

I'll chalk that up to urban myth!

I think its a myth too. Iv tried drinking milk before I go to bed, but I find it sits in my stomach and I can't sleep. I think if you just eat enough throught he day you'll be fine.

Bowl of cottage cheese (30g of protein) mixed with ground flaxseed together with vegetables for me

cheers

rob

I eat a carton or two of chocolate chip ice cream, or sometimes half a pizza if I'm feeling like something with tomato.

As good as ice cream: lowfat cottage cheese with a couple tablespoons of shredded pineapple, maybe some cinnamon and nutmeg. YUM! I never get tired of this.

As far as carbs at night; calorie rule abides. Too much in and it gets stored rather than burned. Unless you have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

<div>
(dan_how @ Jan. 07 2007,14:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">just wondering what everyone is intaking prior to the required 8-10 hours sleep. its the longest time from which we go without eating..so what is everyones nutritional strategy??

some people may eat nothing, others protein shakes, caesin, some others may have a shake half way through the night?&gt;??

BGe great to get everyones thoughts on the idea and also view what people do themselves!!

Look forward to the responses!!</div>
I don't think you should ask this kind of question. Everyone's metabolism here is different. There are small fries here who could eat 15k calories per day and hardly gain any muscle or fat, and then large fries who could gain 1 lb of muscle and 3 lbs of fat per week by eating what would be considered by most to be below maintenance.

If you're looking for advice, you need to describe what kind of metabolism you have and whether you're looking to bulk or cut

<div>
(jmm @ Jan. 08 2007,07:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lots of people say not to eat too many carbs at night, to avoid putting on fat</div>
If I have carbs at night, I'm putting on fat. There is no way getting around that. ALSO, that fat will be easier to put on every year that I age. During cutting or maintenance cycle, it's nothing but egg whites and cups of vegetables at night (unless I need more protein to reach my protein requirement, and then it's a protein shake).

I think this kind of thing varies GREATLY between individuals.

<div>
(stevejones @ Jan. 09 2007,20:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(jmm @ Jan. 08 2007,07:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lots of people say not to eat too many carbs at night, to avoid putting on fat</div>
If I have carbs at night, I'm putting on fat.  There is no way getting around that.  ALSO, that fat will be easier to put on every year that I age.  During cutting or maintenance cycle, it's nothing but egg whites and cups of vegetables at night (unless I need more protein to reach my protein requirement, and then it's a protein shake).  

I think this kind of thing varies GREATLY between individuals.</div>
Steve,

Not to get off topic....buy holy sh-it...I just followed your link at the bottom of your thread.

I didn't know you could make your own ATLAS STONE....pretty damn cool!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jan. 09 2007,21:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I didn't know you could make your own ATLAS STONE....pretty damn cool!
biggrin.gif
</div>
lol...well, they can make one...I don't know about me yet, but I'm going to try

Low fat &amp; low carb cream cheese (amounts to about 30 grams of protein per 250 gram serving) with sugarfree juice concentrate, and sometimes a bit of sugar &amp; fatfree yoghurt. Essentially, plenty of slow digesting, high quality protein, and very little carbs. As for fat, I usually just down a couple tablespoonfuls of cold pressed rapeseed oil, high in omega 3's.

That leaves me with a nice protein &amp; fat meal in my stomach to keep the evil catabolic monster at bay during the dark hours of the night.
cool.gif

Back