fat percentage when overfeeding

kurnia38

I know I'm being really anal, but I'm just really curious where current research stands.

When one is overfeeding, assuming moderate carb diet, should fat percentage be around 20 - 25% or 30%?

20 - 25% is the figure I got from Bryan Haycock. He points out a research that shows when one is overfeeding, he's more likely to gain fat from fat overfeeding than carb overfeeding.

30% is a figure that I got from several sources. This number maximize the amount of testosterone hormone, which is beneficial to increase the percentage of muscle vs fat gained.

Comments?

go with whatever is more comfortable. There will be no difference in test from 20-30% anyway (the actual effect of fat on testosterone is debatable anyway, the body is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smarter than we are
sad.gif
.)

if you're overfeeding your testosterone will be just fine. Just worry about "getting" fat while overfeeding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 09 2004,11:13)]if you're overfeeding your testosterone will be just fine. Just worry about "getting" fat while overfeeding.
Brian, when one is overfeeding, testosterone will be just fine? I thought testosterone level is directly collerated to the fat percentage of the diet?

My concern is this:
On one hand, too little fat causes low testosterone.
On the other hand, too much fat causes fat gain.

Since testosterone is beneficial to improve LBM/adipose ratio, of course I want to maximize it. But at the same time, I don't want too much of them so that it causes a spillover to adipose tissue. Now, I'm wondering about what's the middle value that is optimal for each person (if there's one).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I thought testosterone level is directly collerated to the fat percentage of the diet?
Directly correlated implies cause/effect, nobody has shown this with fat and testosterone. There isnt even a plausible biochemical reason why it should.

Back