Favorite Exercise

colby2152

I've been around for almost two years, but never once posted a poll.  It's about time I did.  I got to thinking about how much I love doing deadlifts, and I asked myself, "What exercises do other people like?"

I have all the big basic ones there with two "other" options.

I voted for deadlifts, because "I AM A VIKING!".
laugh.gif

But for the 'beach body' look, I think a guy could end up looking really good doing nothing but dips, chins and squats. These three hit most of the muscles in the body and hit especialy hard the 'show' muscles' quads, lats, pecs, bis and tris.

I do all the exercises in the list except for rows, I have tried many variations of barbell rows and hate them all. I like dumbell rows better, but mine only go up to 90 lb.s. And lately I feel my back gets plenty of work from deadlifts and chin-ups...making rows almost redundant.

oops, didn't see leg press. I don't do that one...don't have a machine. I wouldn't do it anyway, because the leg press is energy wasted that could have been put to use squatting!

A hard choice, but I had to go with deadlifts. I really, really like bentover rows too. Not because I'm sticking my butt out all gay like...

I guess we're all a bunch of weirdo's here, 80% voting for deadlifts.
biggrin.gif

I also voted for deads; nothing like a big pull and seeing that bar bend.

I also voted for deadlifts.  Even though I just recently started doing them I really do like them better than anything else.  I think if I only had time to do one exercise it would have to be deadlifts because of the way it works the entire body.

Heck, I like them so much I almost passed out after my last deadlift workout.  I had to lay down to make sure I didn't fall down!  I'm going to try NOT to do that again today!  
wink.gif

Funny how we all love the deads, but except for the PL's at our local gym, no one seems to do them. Odd. Are we an elite bunch?
Or have we just brainwashed each other? I voted deads.
laugh.gif

Deadlifts: 11
Other: 5

Deadlifts are by far the best exercise. I am a bit suprised by the results, but only 16 people voted thus far, so we'll see how it ends up when it becomes a large sample (n > 30)

Maybe you should make a poll that says "Aside from deadlifts, what is your favorite exercise?"

yeah, who would have thought "deadlifts" on a bodybuilding forum??? Most 'bodybuilders' don't even do deadlifts! Usually just powerlifters and strongmen.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Apr. 02 2007,20:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe you should make a poll that says &quot;Aside from deadlifts, what is your favorite exercise?&quot;</div>
I'll wait till the poll gets a bit old and most people answer.

I agree with Deads being my favourite but since a back injury last year (not related to lifting) I have had to skip the deads so my favourite now is Dips which were always a close second anyway.

Since I found out how strong my back really is, and I could do the exersizes I avoided due to back pain (which made it weaker and worse, not better) and discovered deads, I had to retire my old favorite: Skulls.

Back