FF's Log .1

• Thread starter imported_fearfactory
  • Start date
<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 26 2008,7:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh yeah, that was ages ago (well, about a year ago) and was really just an experiment with my stills camera. It was pre-rack and pre-low-bar technique! Here's the post:

110kg squat</div>
I'd forgotten I'd seen that vid!

now I am reminded that in addition to having better form and being stronger than I, you also have shorter shorts and make better grunts.

Once you are doing 2 x 15 x 270 no one is likely to tell you that your form was suffering because it's pretty much bound to! I don't think there was anything bad there anyway. In fact you made it look pretty easy! I can see you blasting past all my lifts pretty soon, which is great.

Oh yeah, those shorts!  
biggrin.gif
 I don't think I can get into them now and it was evidently touch and go back then.

I didn't have my Oly shoes back then either.

Just been squatting with 308 and it feels way harder than it used to. Went up to 352 for a single and don't think I had much more than that in me. Cutting sux.

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 27 2008,2:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just been squatting with 308 and it feels way harder than it used to. Went up to 352 for a single and don't think I had much more than that in me. Cutting sux.</div>
Lol,

other than working, all I pretty much do is lift and run. which is nice because it keeps me focused on getting enough sleep.

I guess I'm just saying that I haven't had any setbacks, no kids, and am not on a restricted calorie diet.

considering your spring, I think that 352 is a great single. if I surpass your squat or deadlift this summer, I would be VERY surprised.

Squats
3x10x280

Pendlays
3x10x~205 (had 155 on the bar plus my &quot;bumpers&quot;. need to take them to the recycling center, put them on the scale.

Bench
3x10x200

15 pullups
Incline situps 3x10xbw+15

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jun. 30 2008,3:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Squats
3x10x280

Pendlays
3x10x~205 (had 155 on the bar plus my &quot;bumpers&quot;. need to take them to the recycling center, put them on the scale.

Bench
3x10x200

15 pullups
Incline situps 3x10xbw+15</div>
Excuse me while I run off to the little girls' room!
blush.gif

Wasn't able to view the video of you using your new bumpers. How do you like it? I think that is just one of the neatest ideas. Have you got to drop it from overhead and does it have a big bounce?

I like it a lot. Haven't dropped it any further than from about knee height though. Bounces pretty good. Really, I'm nervous about bending my bar if I get too crazy w/ dropping it.

I'm going to get a new bar from Wichita Falls for Christmas. http://store.wfwclub.com/economymensbar.html (it's the economy model and a step down from the Pendlay bar)

Once I get a new bar, I won't feel bad about dropping this crappy one I've got now. At any rate, I can now deadlift, row and clean much more comfortably wherever I'd like to. Letting the bar down easy when cleaning is hard on me and now I don't have to be quite as paranoid. Still...I would like to put together a lifting platform.

Currently, I'm doing some projects at my old house (trying to sell it) that are taking up a lot of my &quot;lumber budget&quot;. I've been on a mission for scraps to build forms. It's been a good workout though; last week I used a sledgehammer to break up a LOT of concrete and hauled it out using a pickup.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wichita Falls for Christmas</div>

We all love to hear such words!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 02 2008,8:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wichita Falls for Christmas</div>

We all love to hear such words!
biggrin.gif
</div>
That sounds like the chorus of a Country &amp; Western song...

it does kind of have an &quot;Amarillo by Morning&quot; ring to it!

___

7-2-08
Deads 3x10x300, 1x1x350

Strict OHP 2x10x155 (both sets 8+2)
Push Press 1x10x195, 1x5x215

weighed my bumpers today. they're 40lbs apiece. which is 15lbs heavier than I estimated. that makes me feel better about last week's deadlifts and rows.... am glad they're that heavy because I can get 250+ on the bar w/ out even using 45's and puts me at 480lbs total.

skipped lifting on Fri (and running on Thurs &amp; Sat). spent the weekend eating BBQ, drinking ale, and sitting on the water. but I had to get up and ride into town in order to work. so my sleep was terrible.

_

Squats
1x10x290 (set was 8+2)
4x5x290

Bench
1x10x215 (elbows flared, touch &amp; go)
4x5x215 (full 2nd pause, all reps very strict)

Pendlays
3x10x205

Incline Situps 3x10xbw+20
15 pullups (these are starting to get easier)

notes - I was bitterly disappointed not to get 10 reps w/ 290. part of it may have been the terrible sleep I got Thurs-Sat...but part of it was just blatant weakness which irritates me to no end.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jul. 07 2008,11:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...but part of it was just blatant weakness which irritates me to no end.</div>
Alas, we all have our little character flaws...
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 08 2008,8:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(fearfactory @ Jul. 07 2008,11:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...but part of it was just blatant weakness which irritates me to no end.</div>
Alas, we all have our little character flaws...  
wink.gif
</div>
some flaws aren't so little!
tounge.gif

Deads
1x10x350
4x5x350

Cleans
3x3x200 (+1 to make an even 10)

SOHP
1x10x155 (8+2)
4x5x155

5x3xbw pullups (I can now cluster in 3's. it's sad I know, but it is progress)
3x10xbw incline situps

notes - I can't seem to recover from Monday's squats. My back and hams loosened up after the 1st set of deads...but I was tore up after today's session. Two clean reps were failed and had to be repeated, so I know I was fatigued.

Good job doing any cleans after all those deads. That's a lot of work.

I tried some cleans tonight to see how my arm would hold up. Instead of going heavy, I thought I'd use 155lb as set for the Crossfit workout in last weekend's Games. They had to do 30 reps for time of full-squat clean and jerks. Well, it started off pretty easy but got pretty hard after 10 reps. I ran out of time as I had to go out but I will give it a shot again soon and see how long it takes me to get all 30 reps. I was amazed how much my legs were on fire doing a deep squat each rep. One guy actually managed the whole lot in 2:46!!
wow.gif
I have no idea how that is possible and I can't wait to see the vid.

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 09 2008,9:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was amazed how much my legs were on fire doing a deep squat each rep. One guy actually managed the whole lot in 2:46!!  
wow.gif
 I have no idea how that is possible and I can't wait to see the vid.</div>
shocking how much activation the legs experience doing a full clean. it takes a lot of courage (FF is deficient) to dive under a bar w/ heavy weight, practicing doing full squats when cleaning lighter is good practice.

link me to that vid, if possible please.

___

depressed about missing Friday's workout. Time has not been on my side. Hoping to get a set of 10 squats w/ 290 tonight, but it's not looking good.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jul. 12 2008,6:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hoping to get a set of 10 squats w/ 290 tonight, but it's not looking good.</div>
Don't talk yourself out of it. You're good to go! You've been putting in the time and the effort. You own that bar.

The iron is patient; it will wait for you.

Back