Finally broke 17's!!!

quadancer

I can't believe it...we'd been able to cram workouts almost back to back lately and after all these years, this acted as a shock treatment, blasting my arms past that 17" sticking point to 17-1/4" or more!
WHOOOOOOPAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
July4012.jpg

July09029.jpg

Trapth2.jpg

What a way to celebrate the 4th! Baaaang!

Excellent Quadman! Is that cold or pumped? You must have been putting in plenty of graft (and getting plenty of cals too). Many congrats.

And how are the quads getting on?

It was a half hour or so after a workout, I admit, but still...I never saw that barrier broken before.
I'm on a dead program set to top off at 460 if I can hang with it, but at least I do expect to break my 425 x 2. It's a really fun program to do, but has no instructions outside of the chart. Mark Crain Extreme Deadlift program.

Congratulations Quad

I'm way confused. As I recall, you said you had to start trucking again and didn't have much time at all for bbing. You were even looking for advice on what kind of exercises you could do on the road. Now, here you are bigger than ever. Did working out less help you that much or did you not get back into trucking?

Quad, please share your secrets for the arm success...ie. frequency, volume, exercises, techniques, blah, blah, blah  
biggrin.gif

I stayed heavy, mostly compounds, waiting for trucking school...3 months without a deload, getting weaker...lost my prehire when frieght tanked and the companies downsized. So I found some construction to do, but not much, so I've been NOT MISSING WORKOUTS, and have restarted a long cycle with the extreme deadlift program as my main goal function.
For arms, I've been doing them along with the compounds, this way:
Back and Bi's - 3 exersizes for Bi's, plus front laterals real heavy EOW.
Chest and Tri's - about 4 exersizes for tri's. Pec Deck instead of flyes. Flyes are useless.
Leg Day - Deads first, SLDL's or alt. leg sled, leg ext. machine, then shrugs.

Arms are done heavy one workout, light with more reps next, and third week a pushpull WO on chest day, all 10-15 reps. Pump city.
The heavy day may include max doubles after work sets. I even regained my old curl max of 145.
The light day seems to give the joints a much needed break.
We do face pulls at the end of EVERY workout, 2 sets of 25. I'm up to 40 lbs. now, shoulder still hurts a bit, but not like before.

I got a little overreached and the forearms and shoulder began hurting, and felt rundown, so took off two days, then did back day. It stunk, had to do light work with reps mostly.
Next day had to take advantage of leaving the jobsite at noon (boyz inndahood hangin' out and me there alone) and did legs. Stayed with the program and slammed a new PR of 430, could have done more. Next five weeks are all PR's if I can hang, and I think I can. Only 30 more lbs to go in 5 weeks.
Forearms are still tight and a bit sore for some reason. Taking glutamine for it.

Back