First week of HST prep

thecoffeeguy

Well, I finished my first week of prepping for HST (finding my 15, 10 and 5 RM during this time.)
After my first week, I realized I will need to do one more week, this upcoming week, of a little more fine tuning of the weights I will be using as well as adjusting a few exercises.
Here is what I have done so far:
Squats:
Tuesday - 2x15
Thursday - 2x10
Saturday - 2x5

Stiff leggeded deadlifts:
Tuesday - 1x15
Thursday -1x10
Saturday - 1x5

Incline Bench:
Tues - 2x15
Thurs - 2x10
Sat - 2x5

Flat bench:
Tues - 1x15
Thurs - 1x10
Sat - 1x5

DB Rows and Pull downs:
Tues - 2x15
Thurs - 2x10
Sat - 2x5

Shrugs:
Tues: 1x15
Thurs: 1x10
Sat: 1x5

Seated Military press:
Tues: 2x15
Thurs: 2x10
Sat: 2x5

Lateral Raises:
Tues: 1x15
Thurs: 1x10
Sat: 1x5

E-z curl (biceps) and overhead extensions (tri's)
tues: 2x15
thurs: 2x10
sat: 2x5

So far, I feel great. Love how I feel. I just need to keep at it.
After my first prep workout (last Tuesday, when I did 15's) after finishing up squats and bench, I was sweating like a mad men. The workout left me pretty spent, but I had a awesome pump, especially in my triceps.
The 10 and 5 workouts went well. I was actually very happy that my strength seems to be coming back and I was easily putting up 205 on squats for 5 reps (need to raise it, hence another week of adjusting). I was very pleased.
My diet: I have been eating very clean. Trying to get between 2500-3000 calories with 1 gram of protein per body weight (210). Spreading out the meals for 5-6 a day. Shakes are necessity because it gets tiring eating all the time. :)
Just wanted to see if anyone thought I was lifting too much? too little? Any adjustments that I might need to do?
I have my second prep week tonight and once I finish saturday, I start SD for probably 14 days before I start my cycle.
Just looking for a little critique and suggestions.
Thanks!
Jason

why dont you just up the ones your not sure of by a couple of pounds.. and start your sd if you cant make the new weight change your maxes for next time. also if you get to your maxes on 15 10 5s and you think it will be to light just add some more weight..it doesnt have to be perfect as long as the weight progresses..good luck. :D

Iam confused. I thought you were to do 15 reps for two weeks and then move down. Is this just a different way of doing it?

Hey Jason :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Trying to get between 2500-3000 calories with 1 gram of protein per body weight (210)

I think you're eating way too little. 3000 calories for a 210 pound guy? That's too little. 2500 is even worse. You have to eat more. Start at 16 -18 times your body weight, then monitor your wieght for a week. If you gain a little weight thanks to your training and diet, then your are eating ok. If not, then adjust your calories, add a few hundred more, then monitor your weight again for a week. Read the Eating for Size article, click on the Articles tab at the HST header.

OR are you cutting? If you are cutting, I suppose 3000 is ok.

Regards, good luck! :)
-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jvroig @ Oct. 05 2005,12:19)]Hey Jason :)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Trying to get between 2500-3000 calories with 1 gram of protein per body weight (210)
I think you're eating way too little. 3000 calories for a 210 pound guy? That's too little. 2500 is even worse. You have to eat more. Start at 16 -18 times your body weight, then monitor your wieght for a week. If you gain a little weight thanks to your training and diet, then your are eating ok. If not, then adjust your calories, add a few hundred more, then monitor your weight again for a week. Read the Eating for Size article, click on the Articles tab at the HST header.
OR are you cutting? If you are cutting, I suppose 3000 is ok.
Regards, good luck! :)
-JV
Trying to drop some excess fat right now around the waist and slim down a bit. But, my overall goal (after loosing the fat) is 210 with 8-9% BF.

I am trying to load my body with good food (have been eating very clean) as well as supplementing with whey protein and a few other supplements.

But ya, I would say my calories adjust because after a hard workout, my body is screaming for food.

Cheers,

Jason

Back