Fish Oil Tablets

UFGatorDude30

I read a lot of stuff from colby about omega-3 and fish oil this summer... but everything I read was about drinking it straight like in tablespoons. My roomate has a ton of the tablets, which if they work, I would much rather take than drinking it straight. Anyone know if these are just as effective, or do you have to take a lot more?

You will do fine with the tablets. I use the ones with the enteric coating which helps to eliminate the fish burp. I try to take 6 a day. ONe with each snack/meal.

Keystone

I get fish burps if I take 2 large cod liver oil capsules in the day so I take them last thing at night with my protein shake and some vits. I may get fish burps at night but I never know about it.
biggrin.gif

During the day I also take a large spoonful of an Omega 3-6-9 oil blend. It's mainly flax oil and doesn't repeat on me.

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Oct. 01 2007,15:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyone know if these are just as effective, or do you have to take a lot more?</div>
A gram is a gram, and the capsules are a lot more pleasant than taking fish oil by the tablespoon.

Just don't chew the capsules...
tounge.gif

you could also try getting your omega 3s from flax oil. readily available in free-pouring or caps &amp; no taste issues.

How do you know not to chew the caps Rat?
laugh.gif

I bit into a saw palmetto cap once...believe me, you don't wanna do that.

<div>
(terp @ Oct. 01 2007,19:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you could also try getting your omega 3s from flax oil. readily available in free-pouring or caps &amp; no taste issues.</div>
The benefits of Omega-3 in general should improve your health and maintain LBM, but the focus should be on EPA and DHA which are not in flax and are generally found in fish, eggs, and chicken.

re. dosage, sorry for stating the obvious, but how many pills to take depends how much is in them (i.e. 6/day should be a s***load if they are high-dose pills).

I like eating fish, personally
smile.gif
[goes to eat tin of sardines for lunch]

Back