Flyes/Bench ???

LDU

i currently do decline press for my chest lifts, however lately i seem to be feeling it more in my shoulders than anywhere else. I still got soreness starting the 15's in the pecs so it must be hitting them to some extent. I know barbell bench is a great compound as it adds shoulders, tris also to some extent. However i was thinking though that i change BB bench for Flyes. Or even something like

MON flyes
Wed BB Bench - decline
Fri - Flyes.

I know its an iso but i feel my shoulders are a strong point as well as my tris so i dont think losing the work they do on bench would be a bad thing. Also will leave my shoulder less fried when i get to them

any disadvantages in swapping to decline flyes for a whole cycle?

Any comments, feedback, discussion much appreciated...

Just a suggestion, why not dumbbell bench presses? Get the benefit of both as they are like a cross between a fly and press movement.

thanks for your reply ZAK1, i guess DB press still hits shoulders alot and my thinking is that i dont wont to work shoulders at all when hitting my chest.

Think im going to add flys in from tomorrow and see how i progress

Flyes do not take front delts out of the movement. It's impossible for them to. There's no such thing as a chest isolation movement, they always involve front delts.

If you've been feeling a pressing movement more on your front delts, squeeze your shoulder blades together during the pressing movement. If you already do this, then your front delts are only pulling their own weight in the pressing movement, and you shouldn't worry about it.

thanks for your reply playmaker.

After one session of flys, im back on decline bench. The first set of flys was so painful, all the ligaments/tendons/muscles were so tight my right arm could barely be lowered past 30% on the first rep, by the end i could go parallel like should be done. Must have been tightness or something.

Back