Frank Zane at 64

He's evidently smaller than when he was competing all those years ago but looks to be in really good shape still. Great definition in his thighs. Good on him. Much better than the pics of out-of-shape-Arnie that are floating around the net.

So would you say he'd be juicing to stay like that or is his present size retainable naturally after many years of, erm, 'abuse'?

I'd love to know the answer to that question myself. Outside of a thin neck, he looks fantastic. I've wondered what ever happened to the ol' duffer!
I guess we can find him down at the gym.

My gosh.

That's much more motivating than seeing Sly Stallone's man-boobs flop around in Rocky Balboa, that's for sure!

At that age, I'm sure he's at least on HRT. Not that HRT or usage at all would invalidate how he looks. That takes a lot of effort to maintain.

I have nothing but respect for Zane. But lets not forget his Olympia-level genetics. The guy was born with it. He just has an amazing structure like arnold and all the rest of them.

Frank looks great! Yeah, I would guess that he is on HRT. I know I will be when I'm his age.....probably much younger actually.

<div>
(Bulldog @ May 16 2007,21:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Frank looks great! Yeah, I would guess that he is on HRT. I know I will be when I'm his age.....probably much younger actually.</div>
Same here. You'd have to be insane not to get on HRT when your levels start to plummet...

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 16 2007,08:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">At that age, I'm sure he's at least on HRT.  Not that HRT or usage at all would invalidate how he looks.  That takes a lot of effort to maintain.</div>
This is what I think!

Wasn`t Zane pretty much into some hippie bullshit, going Vegan etc.? Speaking of his drug use, I have an article claimed to have been written by him in an oldish issue of Flex where he describes a pre-contest prep cycle...it was something written around Munzer's death so it may be ghost written sensationalist crap, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

I've got an article written by John Little where he describes a visit to see Zane at his then named Zane Haven gym/health centre. From the pics, it looked like a pretty hippy type place to me. Lot's of chiffon draped about. Oh, that was his Mrs.

Yeah I bet the days outside of the gym were way more entertaining that inside the gym...if you know what I mean!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 16 2007,22:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Bulldog @ May 16 2007,21:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Frank looks great!  Yeah, I would guess that he is on HRT.  I know I will be when I'm his age.....probably much younger actually.</div>
Same here.  You'd have to be insane not to get on HRT when your levels start to plummet...</div>
I probably should be on HRT right now.  A year and a half ago my T levels were at the bottom end of the normal range at the age of 36.  I didn't trust my Dr. to keep everything in order for me though.  So I need to find a good Dr. in my area and get some more tests done.

64 huh? That's amazing...nothing like a pic of Zane (at any age) to represent the classic apollonian ideal.
smile.gif

wow. he &amp; Nubret have really kept in amazing shape. saw Ferrigno on King of Queens the other night &amp; he was no small customer, either.

Zane was always my ideal body buider,I agree him and Nubret had amazing physiques.

But that for 64 is a real killer, so much for HRT if it is leagally taken and in prescribed dosages...that is one hell of a desirable side effect!
wink.gif

I think Zane could be natural now. He was not during the late 70's, but with his above average genetics and a continuing dedication to progressive resistance exercise, I say he is natural now.

As for HRT, the safest and best form of HRT is PRE.
Sticking a needle in your ass is unwise at best.

The following link regards the effects of exercise on patients undergoing androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer treatment. The title of the article says it all.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez...._docsum

Naturally,
Paul

Back