gaining 100 lbs

I

imported_dreadrok

so my girlfriend knows that i have been trying to gain some weight over the past year or so.  so she came across this quote and after i read it i almost passed out.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] "No secret recipe for it, really. Just consuming vast quantities of food and lifting heavy weights."
– Christian Bale, when asked how he packed on 100 lbs. for his title role in Batman Begins    http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1062668,00.html
100 lbs... i have only put on like 20
what the heck? :confused:  
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dreadrok @ May 26 2005,11:20)]so my girlfriend knows that i have been trying to gain some weight over the past year or so. so she came across this quote and after i read it i almost passed out.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] "No secret recipe for it, really. Just consuming vast quantities of food and lifting heavy weights."
– Christian Bale, when asked how he packed on 100 lbs. for his title role in Batman Begins http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1062668,00.html
100 lbs... i have only put on like 20
what the heck? :confused:
crazy.gif
Christian Bale has three edges that we mere mortals do not:

a. He had already bulked up in the past, like for American Psycho and Equilibrium. Re-gaining muscle is much easier than gaining it. I can't explain the physiological reasons, but even if there are none you still have the advantage that you know what routine works for you.

b. He was never fat to begin with, and he lost like 50 pounds for a movie he was in a year or two ago. He was like 120 pounds for the role. Going from 120 to 220 when you're normally 6'1" and 180 is much easier than, say, going from 180 to 280.

c. He's a wealthy actor. He can afford all the supplements he wants, the best personal trainers in the world, any equipment he wants, and when he's not acting he has all the time in the world to exercise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Michael_S @ June 01 2005,12:48)]Christian Bale has three edges that we mere mortals do not:

a. He had already bulked up in the past, like for American Psycho and Equilibrium. Re-gaining muscle is much easier than gaining it. I can't explain the physiological reasons, but even if there are none you still have the advantage that you know what routine works for you.

b. He was never fat to begin with, and he lost like 50 pounds for a movie he was in a year or two ago. He was like 120 pounds for the role. Going from 120 to 220 when you're normally 6'1" and 180 is much easier than, say, going from 180 to 280.

c. He's a wealthy actor. He can afford all the supplements he wants, the best personal trainers in the world, any equipment he wants, and when he's not acting he has all the time in the world to exercise.

Plus, he's Batman!

(But let's keep that on the down-low. It's supposed to be a secret.)

Man, that movie is gonna be so awesome!

Yes, but what 40-something guy gets to snog with Katie Holmes in real life? Can I get a "Joey is dating Maverick? EWWWWW!!!!" ;)

cheers,
Jules

Back