Gator's Training Log

Thanks a LOT for the encouragement guys. A 300+ DL is a goal I've had since the beginning of summer when I saw how horrible I was at them. Maybe I'll videotape the occasion when I go for it? We will see... as I'm not sure how much more I can continue to progress at this rate. Anyways, thanks for reading
cool.gif

Gator -

With where you're at in your 5x5 for deads, 300x1 should be simple for you. I have to believe that a big part of your deadlifting woes is your mind. Ever since I started reading your posts about your deads, you always make a point to say how bad you are at them.

Time for some tough love, Buddy.

ENOUGH. You're not bad at deadlifting, Gator, so knock it off. 300 is chump change for you and you need to BELIEVE that. You have been progressing since you started this HST thing, so there is no reason for you to feel bad about where you are - unless that's what you are telling yourself. You're going to nail 300, then 350, then 400 - all in time. You don't suck at something just because it takes a while for you to get where you want to go. SO - KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY.

Don't you dare think I'm trying to be mean here - I'm just trying to get you out of this funk. And yes, it is a funk.

Alright boys, I did it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCJ5pu1Q-nA

biggrin.gif

Ya'll were right, it was easier than I made it out to be.  I burned out a little too much warming up so I didn't get 325, but I'm glad I finally did it anywho.  I've been neglecting posting my log because I've been doing some random things to work around a busy work/school schedule.  Even did some ole' clean and jerks the other day.

400, here I come.

That was awesome. Another HST success story, welcome to the 300 club. I have yet to hit 400 and alot of guys here have teased me about it (goodheartedly though
biggrin.gif
), once I am done cutting I will make a cycle for a 400 pull.

Great lifting Gator. I never thought I'd make 400lb but that milestone has come and gone. Persistence and determination will get you there. Onwards and upwards.

Nice job Gator , you spent too long stationary at the bottom before commencing , you could easily add a chunk of iron change just by harnessing a bit of "recoil" factor - not everyone is comfortable with the dip, grip , and rip style - but even building some recoil by pumping hips right before "take - off" if you need time at the bottom to get set up will add some power - regardless - that was a fine lift and congratulations!
smile.gif

Back