Good Reason to Start a New Thread

<div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 27 2008,21:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Gosh...I hate this...now in New Zealand...over at Waikato's unversity gym I see this guy doing a kind of quarter squat...couldn't resist but to ask him who taught you how to squat?

The answer...a guy with a PhD
wow.gif
...man I nearly burst out laughing
laugh.gif
PhD's don't teach bull? Hell, I have seen dozens doing so, its almost preposterous...hey no offense to those guys here with one (Pierre Debs comes to mind), I haven't seen one here blaringly trying to BS us...so, its all good!

Just goes to show...Ripp's book is an essential to anyone's collection IMO
wink.gif
</div>
Hey Fausto, hope you showed the poor guy how to squat properly. A picture paints a thousand words and all that.

Like XFat said, a PhD could be in any number of different fields of study and will likely have nothing to do with being a physician. My uncle got his doctorate through studying the lives of nematode worms. I expect he knows squat on correct squat technique but he might know if you had worms!
biggrin.gif

All the best with your continued acclimatisation in your new environment.

Thanks guys, thjis is really a caring community, I'll be fine...and by the way, I'm doing the bunny hopping by meself...family still in SA, will join me as soon as my situation is settled, immigration, paperwork, job, yadayadayada.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I wish you all the best and that you get started without the usual and intolerable immigration idiots, uh, officers.</div>

I've had my fair share of that, unfortunatelly something to that effect has haoppnede to my immigration process which took almost 4 years for crying out loud, one of the reasions I decided to come get it meself!

Now...bcak to business...I think this guy mean't the PhD is ion exercise physiology (which is scary if that is how he squats
laugh.gif
aftre learning form such an individula, later he told me that it was for and because of rugby, and there I know that full squats do slow you down (speed wise, because of the great involvement of the hamstring muscles) and then I guess the quarter squat has its place...because that is what he was doing.

Anyway, of course I did show him and re-assured him that it does not damage your knees at all no matter who tells you so PhD or not, he, he,he ,he.

I nearly told him, I hope you don't want to be embarrassed by a short little guy quarter squatting as much or more than you! But I guess I just left it at that, and shook my head.

Lol...I know about PhD's my own brother's got one in fisheries accoustics WTF? Sounds like they sing opera or something, but it is not...it has something to do with how fishing is done via sonars etc. Funny stuff people end up studying, hey?

Having a phd or even higher doesn't make people immune to saying stupid ****, just check out William Kraemer.
laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever intervened in any stupid training practices I have seen over the years, even though some see fit in intervening with me.

We also do not speak sideways, its everyone else who speaks differently.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We also do not speak sideways, its everyone else who speaks differently. </div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ah...ah...ah...ah...I knew that was coming!
wink.gif
Good going Aaron!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 02 2008,00:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ya gotta come down here at some point, you can see how fat I really am.</div>
And maybe see you in the gym benching 200 kg or whatever you're up to now!

We need a witness.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We need a witness. </div>

I'm close enough, probably will meet Aaron soon, but why the hell do you guys need a witness, never heard him claiming to bench anything in fact! WTF?
rock.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Mar. 02 2008,02:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We need a witness. </div>

I'm close enough, probably will meet Aaron soon, but why the hell do you guys need a witness, never heard him claiming to bench anything in fact! WTF?
rock.gif
</div>
Just joking around.

I am, in fact, an obese suburbian housewife who has little better to do than annoy people on the internets.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just joking around.</div>

cool...for a moment there I thought you turned into a troll, WTH?
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am, in fact, an obese suburbian housewife who has little better to do than annoy people on the internets.</div>

Oh no...not another one...hell, there are enough of those around here to fill one's eyes
laugh.gif
on the other hand there are some pretty girls all round!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A PhD qualifies for talking nonsense that others can actually believe, doesn't it? </div>

Exactly what I was trying to get at, specially in the exercise &amp; physiology field...goodness its nauseating!
mad.gif
unfortunatelly there's isn't a puking emoticon
laugh.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Mar. 02 2008,16:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">unfortunatelly there's isn't a puking emoticon
laugh.gif
</div>
PUKEFACE.gif

Pukeii.gif

PUKE-1.gif

Back